Weve been scammed

clara111

Just a quick question to the moderators? We where let down, basically ripped off! By a migration agent some years back, and had to re do all our own paperwork and lodgements (glad to say we have been living here in Perth for around a year and a half now only due to our own hard work and many sleepless nights) after this particular company had taken money from us as a Young hard working not wealthy family and also taken money from my mother and father inlaw, the director of the company basically did nothing for any of us and after a couple of years just sent us a letter saying he was shutting up shop due to global financial crisis etc etc utter garbage in my opinion which is used as an excuse to often these days for a reason to rip people of. Anyhow we received a small amount back in the form of a cheque but my mother and father in law got nothing, my question is this firm is no longer trading is it still against the rules to mention a company in this case? By the way the agent was and still is as far as I am aware mara registered

Did you report them to MARA??

Nope, because we have been absolutely mad busy in the year and half we have been here wait for it. I got a job was made redundant from that job, got another job, lost that job got another job, we had a little baby girl here an Aussie ! Little girl, we are building a house here which is nearly completed, and many more things that I just carn't remember plus I am not sure it would do that much good, I have found out through some contacts that shall remain nameless that this particular agent is or was working for a 'large building federation'who are apparently masters in what they do ;;) and they would have a legal dept who could easly take little old me on and owing to my work situation I haven't got the money to fight this agent in court

Guest The Pom Queen
Nope, because we have been absolutely mad busy in the year and half we have been here wait for it. I got a job was made redundant from that job, got another job, lost that job got another job, we had a little baby girl here an Aussie ! Little girl, we are building a house here which is nearly completed, and many more things that I just carn't remember plus I am not sure it would do that much good, I have found out through some contacts that shall remain nameless that this particular agent is or was working for a 'large building federation'who are apparently masters in what they do ;;) and they would have a legal dept who could easly take little old me on and owing to my work situation I haven't got the money to fight this agent in court

Can you pm me the company name, if it's the one we have been told we received lots of legal threats from them in 2010/2011 we have now taken on the policy that any legal threats in the future will be published on the forum.

Guest The Pom Queen
God damn auto spell thingy on this contraption .....I haven't massaged you I messaged you ....although it can be arranged for the right money you understand lol:biglaugh:

Pmsl I hadn't even noticed so it can't have been a good one :wink:

OMG!! Really feel for you! :( try and get some cash back, if not cut your losses and try another agent. dont give up on your dreams!!

Im currently using Thames Migration, and they have been fantastic, but I know alot of people on here rave about go matilda.

Keep us posted! hope you can get this resolved. xxx

When using an agent you need to make sure the person dealing with your case is MARA registered - some companies use consultants, therefore the person dealing with your case may not be registered, and you have no fall back if they mess up your application. Only in Australia that it is law that all agents must be Registered.

https://www.mara.gov.au/

• 1 year later...

Archived