Shipping recommendations please

dazeybear

Guest Liz Fell

Hi

Have been in Sydney 8 weeks. We were recomended to us PSS by the Emigration group. I was very happy with their service, no problems at all from door to door. Everything great packaging. timing, cost etc.

Liz

Hi,

We used John Mason Intl and our stuff has just turned up at this end. Apart from one broken casserole dish so far, everything seems to be ok. The UK staff were really helpful and answered all my last minute (probably stupid) questions.

Good luck with the move

Guest Liz Fell

I found that I paid the shipping cost upfront, I was pre-warned about extra Customs charges this was for items that I may have sent that I should not and needed fumagating but I had everything like bikes and shoes, anything that had been outside in the uk cleaned well then sprayed with the disenfectant that PSS used, so luckily I was not charged any extra for these.

If you have not found anywhere to live and have your items delivered to then you may well be charged storage in Australia, there maybe 4 weeks FOC but I would check that.

The other cost you may be hit with is that if you move into a Unit or appartment and parking isn't great on your road and /or you move into a top floor

appartment you may be charged for an " akward delivery charge" that was something I was not advised of in the UK - fortunatley I am in a ground floor Unit so it was not an issue.

Hope that helps - Liz

We were told upfront about the customs charge (which you pay once its all arrived) and were also warned that there might be extra charges if you're weren't on the ground floor or had awkward access (long walk from van to house for example).

We did pay 15 pounds in case the container had to be de-contaminated, slightly scaremongoring as they warn you that 'if' it happens it could cost $$$, but I didn't want the worry personally. They were very clear all all the individual costs though and that if you had to store it at this end then it would cost extra.

Guest BrotherJohnson2012

Hi Vicky

We are looking to use Doree Bonner for our shipment. I believe they have an office in Canterbury, so fairly to close you. Had some good reviews on the forum..

Hope it helps!

Good luck

Hi Vicky.

i had people from Pickfords, John Mason, white & co and another I can't remember now. I went in the with white and company. They were professional from the outset and one of the cheapest. The removals guys were respectful, funny, professional and timely. They were total machines with the packing. I can't fault them and would not hesitate in recommending them.

Keira

Archived