190 EOIs submitted!!!

Gareth 666

After a surprisingly fast TRA assessment (about 35 working days) I've now had time to sit down and fill in my EOIs.

I found the main DIAC on skill select pretty straight forward and only seemed to take around half an hour. The Tasmania form was a bit more involved and took probably an hour, taking off the 45 mins trying to get my stupid scanner to see my computer just to scan a few documents in!!!!

No agent up to now, but I've had loads of help and advice on PIO which I've found brilliant and I thank any of you who've chipped in.

Now it's waiting time!:eek:

• 5 months later...

Hi, Congratulations on your visa!!!

I love to read news of people's journey, it certainly gives inspiration...

ive noticed you said your TRA was fast and wondered what trade / skill you have applied with and if you had any tips as we are now at TRA stage... Thank you "))

Hi, I'm a printer. I think I just timed my application well as one or two others had good turn around times at the same time.

As for tips, details, details and more details. The more you can throw at them the better. Imagine you're explaining your profession to a class of 5 year olds is the best analogy I heard given to a good friend of mine. There's a list on their web site of required documents/ evidence and if you're not sure email them, they'll answer within 5 days normally and it's better to make 100% sure before you submit as once its in there's no going back, they expect it to be 'decision ready' so they don't ask for more info or clarification. If its not right they'll just fail you and you have to ask for re-assessment and pay another fee.

Thanks for the information its really appreciated. I do have a couple of questions so guessing I should send them an email asap. I was hoping to send the application in this week so best get on with it")) Thank you Again....Did you send an email to the TRA? I'm thinking of asking a few questions on here but not sure where to start??

hi just a quicky,

i am awaiting my TRA outcome (21 days and counting) and wondered do they send a letter with ref that you need for your EOI?or do you get a ref on the home portal tracking site?

Doing one step at a time so not looked into this to much yet,

we are applying for 190 vic ss ,hopefully,

many thanks

hi just a quicky,

i am awaiting my TRA outcome (21 days and counting) and wondered do they send a letter with ref that you need for your EOI?or do you get a ref on the home portal tracking site?

Doing one step at a time so not looked into this to much yet,

we are applying for 190 vic ss ,hopefully,

many thanks

Hi, I received a letter around 10 days after the portal went to successful. I'm not sure if the new system where you can apply via the website (or so I've heard) will be any different though. Maybe, just maybe, the TRA will join the 21st centrury and use e-mail to save time and money!!

Thanks for the information its really appreciated. I do have a couple of questions so guessing I should send them an email asap. I was hoping to send the application in this week so best get on with it")) Thank you Again....Did you send an email to the TRA? I'm thinking of asking a few questions on here but not sure where to start??

If you have any case specific questions then probably best to email TRA directly, some people have even called them I think. General questions will get replies on here but try a search first as there are many threads devoted to the dear old TRA and you may find the answer is already out there. Just noticed your date on your PCC. You may want to consider applying for a new one once you have got to the position of having your visa application in as if you submit the one you have your visa will need to be activated within 1 year of the date on your PCC. That means you'd have to validate by 19-06-13.

Hi Just wondering, what is the postal? Thanks Kirsty

Ahh, the infamous TRA portal. This is where you can log in to track the progress of your application. It becomes an obsession for many of us going through the ringer. Search the site for 'obsession with TRA portal' and you'll find the main thread. Read, absorb and prepare to join the obsessed. Lol

Thanks for the info, yes I will defiantly be applying for a new PCC, I think we will need one each?? I certainty didn't know it was anything to do with regards to the activation date.... Thank-you. Sorry I typed Postal but I meant "Portal" I heard this term before but am unsure what it means and you stated "I received a letter around 10 days after the portal went to successful". Is this an account you have with TRA once its submitted or something similar? Thanks ")

Thanks for the info, yes I will defiantly be applying for a new PCC, I think we will need one each?? I certainty didn't know it was anything to do with regards to the activation date.... Thank-you. Sorry I typed Postal but I meant "Portal" I heard this term before but am unsure what it means and you stated "I received a letter around 10 days after the portal went to successful". Is this an account you have with TRA once its submitted or something similar? Thanks ")

Yes, you'll need PCC all adults on the application. The visa validation date is 1 year from the date of PCC or medicals, whichever is earliest. The letter I received 10 days after the portal showed successful was the letter officially confirming the outcome and giving a reference for my EOI. You should receive a letter after applying giving you a TRN? number which allows you to register on the portal to monitor progress.

Thanks for the information I now understand...:rolleyes: Did you post of your application or is it scanned in and emailed across? did you email the TRA for advice? and also is there a certain professional that need to certify the docs or would it be the local solicitor? Thankyou for your replies "))

Thanks for the information I now understand...:rolleyes: Did you post of your application or is it scanned in and emailed across? did you email the TRA for advice? and also is there a certain professional that need to certify the docs or would it be the local solicitor? Thankyou for your replies "))

I posted my application as that was the only option at the time. I think I'd still send them even with the email option, there's nothing like sending the documents in the way you want them presented. I did email them for advice more than once, I used the contact link off their website. When I applied the rule for document certification was anyone recognised as qualified to certify legal documents, ie passport photos etc, in your home country. I had mine done by a friend who is a registered nurse and I included a cover letter from her stating her name, RN number and contact details along with a letter from myself explaining who had certified my documents and the fact she met their criteria.

Archived