AHPRA help and/or advice please!!!

Laura2406

OK - so have decided to commence the overwhelming AHPRA process today and after gathering the documents together, I have realised that a copy of my uni transcripts is required for proof of academic purposes. The thing is I had to send the original and a certified copy to ANMAC ( I have also made a copy for myself before posting :) so am I able to get ANMAC to send AHPRA the original and/or certified copy, once they have finished with my skills assessment?

And the other thing is, on the form when it asks for my principal place of practice - Im not sure what to put? We are thinking of NSW and/or WA, both where Ive had job offers, but not sure what state or territory to actually put?

Eeeeekk!! Any help or advice is gratefully appreciated

Thank you xx

OK - so have decided to commence the overwhelming AHPRA process today and after gathering the documents together, I have realised that a copy of my uni transcripts is required for proof of academic purposes. The thing is I had to send the original and a certified copy to ANMAC ( I have also made a copy for myself before posting :) so am I able to get ANMAC to send AHPRA the original and/or certified copy, once they have finished with my skills assessment?

And the other thing is, on the form when it asks for my principal place of practice - Im not sure what to put? We are thinking of NSW and/or WA, both where Ive had job offers, but not sure what state or territory to actually put?

Eeeeekk!! Any help or advice is gratefully appreciated

Thank you xx

Hi

i sympathise with you having come out the other side of AHPRA! I'm not sure about the uni transcript thing, I would imagine ANMAC want to keep it for their records? Mine went missing in the post to AHPRA so I just ordered another one from my uni via their website, you can have more than one transcript. AHPRA are quite strict on it having to come direct from the uni to them, so why don't you ask your uni to post it to them. You may be able to do it via their website like me.

With regard to principal place of practice, it is a bit tricky as my understanding is different AHPRA offices have different assessment times and I am not sure that being assessed by one always transfers to another. Whichever one you put, your stuff will be sent there for assessment. You could ask them what is best to do or whether you have to be assessed by both or can you transfer once assessed by one? There is a question form on their website, takes about 3-4 days for them to get back to you though.

Hope this helps in some way!

Good luck!

zoe

Once ANMAC have completed your skills assessment you can request all of your documents to be forwarded on to AHPRA.

The documents will only be accepted by AHPRA if they are the original transcript and the copies of the documents have been certified by a notary of the public, a certification by a solicitor is not enough I'm afraid. Also I needed to request the NMC to send my verification of registration directly to AHPRA. They would not accept it being forwarded onto them by the ANMAC. My registration took 5 months (Brisbane office) other members have had their letter of eligibility after a couple of weeks, depends which office you apply to.

All the best, it can be stressful but worth it in the end x

Archived