To those returning or have returned to the UK ?

Sapphire

I agree with ali - "hindsight is a wonderful thing" and Life would be perfect.

Also I agree the temptation of grass is always greener on the other side. I must admit I thought that too!

My personal belief is that one should not waste time on regrets, learn and think about solution(s) to rectfity the unhappy/bad situation. I know sometimes it is easier said than done. But one should always try their best.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The grass is always greener on the other side. Have come to the conclusion that if we were in the UK we'd want to be in Oz, and as we're in Oz we want to be in the UK. Some people will never be happy!!! (that's pointed at us not anyone else!!!) ;-):wink:

Nail head...spot on.

Australia was a wonderful country to emigrate to when I came out in 1981 - full of optimism and anyone could do well if they worked hard so no regrets. It was wonderful for many years so no regrets at all. My biggest regret though is for my kids who never enjoyed family get togethers, who did not grow up with cousins, uncles and aunties and to be honest I think they would have achieved much more had we stayed in UK, particularly as far as education is concerned. Now I want to return to UK so if I had to choose now, the way Australia is today, I would not dream of coming here. It is no longer the 'lucky country'.

Archived