309 Visa advice

zeroasylum

I am going to be applying for my spouse 309 visa in December.I want to front load it with medical and police checks. I have found the policechecks site but where do I get the medicals don. Am I also correct in sayingthat once granted I will have till December 2013 to enter the country (that is12 months from date of medical) or how does it work. Any other advice welcome.

Thank you

Zeroasylum

You will need to enter Oz within 12 months of the date of the earliest check (police or medical), both of which are valid for 12 months.

I'd personally have a think about front loading the app with these docs (but it will depend on your circumstances) - it may take 8 months + for the visa to be granted. Is 4 months (or less) enough time for you pack up and get over to Oz?

For info I didn't front load and, from request for police and medical checks to visa grant it took approx. 2 months (this allowed, if needed, up to 10 months to sort things out before I had to set foot in Oz).

Medical wise, have a look at this link:

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/overseas/u/united-kingdom/panel-doctors.htm

Best of luck with it all!

Front loading is not as encouraged as it used to be, as processing times are now longer, and therefore give you considerably less time from visa grant until your 12 months is up for activation (12 months from date of police check or medical, whichever is earlier). I guess ultimately it is up to you, but the timing is definitely something you need to consider.

I believe you also now need a health reference number from your CO in order to book a medical, so that they can match you up on the system, so you may in fact now not be able to have meds done in advance of having a CO. You could call some panel doctors and ask them.

You cant front load partner visas anymore, you cant do the medical until you have the ehealth number which comes when you get a CO. Also as said above its not wise to front load the police check either because processing time is now so long that there is a risk they will expire before its granted (as only valid for 12 mths) or if it doesnt expire only leave you a limited time between the grant date and the expiry date. We just submitted our partner off shore last week told everything in order visa will be granted in July 2013 but dont get the medical done until Feb.

Edited by wolvesaussie