Nurse here as Defacto - path to PR.

shanef

Hi Guys

I have a question for ye and would appreciate advice

My partner is here on a Defacto visa and she is a nurse with all the requirements to work (she's only here a month)

I am here nearly a Year and a half now and REALLY want to get PR

I have recently done the IELTs test as I need to get 60 points or wait till this time next yr for my employer to sponsor me. ..

My question is , would my partner be faster in getting PR then me and does she need to be in a job first ?

Any Advice would be appreciated.

thanks a lot

It is really not clear what you mean? What visa would you apply for it you are the main applicant? If it is the same one as your OH, then it is impossible to say whether one would be quicker than the other or whether they would be much the same. I suppose you could both lodge an EOI and then just go with whomever is invited first.

Anyway for better responses, perhaps you could explain what you think the options are alittle more clearly?

Either of you could be the main applicant for GSM, it doesnt matter if your GF has a job. But points dependent either of you could be main applicant and other dependent.

Your employer can sponsor you at anytime for PR if you have a positive skills assessment and 3 years of work experience.

You should speak to a Registered Migration Agent to work out the best strategy.

Hi guys

I am on 457 visa , I am working with my sponsor for the past 1yr and 3 months , my girlfriend came out last month on the strength of my 457 on a Defacto Visa ( she is a nurse with all the requirements to work here ie. registration complete )

I want to get PR but my employer wants me to be with them for 2 yrs before they will agree to proceed

my question is , would my partner be faster in getting PR than me.

Hi guys

I am on 457 visa , I am working with my sponsor for the past 1yr and 3 months , my girlfriend came out last month on the strength of my 457 on a Defacto Visa ( she is a nurse with all the requirements to work here ie. registration complete )

I want to get PR but my employer wants me to be with them for 2 yrs before they will agree to proceed

my question is , would my partner be faster in getting PR than me.

So she is not on a defecto visa, she is on a 457 visa as a dependent.

It is a toss up which will be quicker, you can't do anything for 9 months and she would have to get the ball rolling, get an invite etc. This is an unanswerable question.

Archived