Obtaining Police Checks from UK when in Oz Help.

Guest pj

Hiya guys

Glad the forum is still buzzing with info.

We're in Oz but need to organise police checks as we've just submitted our PR application. Thing is, the form my agent downloaded from Sussex Police website states that you must provide original ID (passport/driving license) to prove your identity.

I don't want to get this wrong as the police checks seem to be the one thing that can hold things up. Anyone got any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Pj xx

Guest Gollywobbler
Hiya guys

Glad the forum is still buzzing with info.

We're in Oz but need to organise police checks as we've just submitted our PR application. Thing is, the form my agent downloaded from Sussex Police website states that you must provide original ID (passport/driving license) to prove your identity.

I don't want to get this wrong as the police checks seem to be the one thing that can hold things up. Anyone got any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Pj xx

Hello Pj

Please see the link below:

http://www.sussex.police.uk/foi/data_protection2.asp

It seems that Sussex police will accept certified copies of your passports or driving licences. I'm not convinced that they can demand certified copies - Hampshire police recently told us that they would accept ordinary photocopies which is what most other forces say too.

See what other forces say, I suggest, and then e-mail Sussex police if you wish. This is a list of all the police forces:

http://www.police.uk/forces/forceslist.asp

The way into the right bits on a Police website is to look for Freedom of Information. Once into that section, look for Data Protection. Most police forces use the term 'Subject Access' to describe the record that DIMA requires.

If you decide just to provide cert copies to Sussex police to save bickering with them, my sister (in Oz) always nips to the court and gets a JP to certify them during his coffee breaks.

Cheers

Gill

Archived