Camp Australia - Before & After school and Summer hols childcare

KazzKing

Hi,

My hubby and our 5yo daughter arrive in Melbourne on Sunday (28th Oct) and we need to sort out childcare for her asap.

Initially they will be based in Mordialloc, and she is already on the Kingston council waiting list for their main childcare centres.

She starts at Parktone Primary School in Jan (Parkdale) so will attend the Camp Australia sessions during term time.

She'll also attend the summer sessions they have, but what's required is care during November (until the 22nd to be precise).

Does anyone have any thoughts on Camp Australia, and also any ideas for childcare until 22nd Nov?

A couple of places have been suggested but these have no spaces (Kingston Kids, Mordialloc Community Centre).

Thanks

K

Hi,

My hubby and our 5yo daughter arrive in Melbourne on Sunday (28th Oct) and we need to sort out childcare for her asap.

Initially they will be based in Mordialloc, and she is already on the Kingston council waiting list for their main childcare centres.

She starts at Parktone Primary School in Jan (Parkdale) so will attend the Camp Australia sessions during term time.

She'll also attend the summer sessions they have, but what's required is care during November (until the 22nd to be precise).

Does anyone have any thoughts on Camp Australia, and also any ideas for childcare until 22nd Nov?

A couple of places have been suggested but these have no spaces (Kingston Kids, Mordialloc Community Centre).

Thanks

K

Hi there

We are a family of 4 hoping to come to the same area in January.

I heard you can't get the children into schools until you live there - can I ask how you went about getting yours into school already please?

Many thanks and I'll be watching for replies about the childcare!

Good luck!

Hi Fowler Family,

Re: getting my 5yo into school, I researched all the schools in the area, and then started contacting my favourites (via email first then phone).

A lot of paperwork had to be scanned and sent to complete the application process, but after a fair few phones calls and the emails, she was enrolled (we have PR visas).

She starts the transition classes in Nov, and then Term 1 early 2013.

A couple of days after they land in Melbourne, my hubby has the official school tour and meeting with the principle etc, and luckily when I'm over (3rd week Nov), we'll both attend the school's formal parents information evening about uniform, fees, books etc so the timing has worked out well for us.

The school looks great on the website and after speaking with the principle and assistant principle (a few times) I'm confident my daughter will be happy there.

It's not an easy process to do the enrolment from overseas but it can be done.

Good luck and keep in touch!

K

Edited by KazzKing
Forgot something

Hi, if you have not already done so, join Life in Victoria forum, there is a link at the foot of the page. A lot of the members are already resident here in and around Melbourne and may be able to give you info on child care etc. There are a few members in and around Mordialloc.

Hi Fowler Family,

Re: getting my 5yo into school, I researched all the schools in the area, and then started contacting my favourites (via email first then phone).

A lot of paperwork had to be scanned and sent to complete the application process, but after a fair few phones calls and the emails, she was enrolled (we have PR visas).

She starts the transition classes in Nov, and then Term 1 early 2013.

A couple of days after they land in Melbourne, my hubby has the official school tour and meeting with the principle etc, and luckily when I'm over (3rd week Nov), we'll both attend the school's formal parents information evening about uniform, fees, books etc so the timing has worked out well for us.

The school looks great on the website and after speaking with the principle and assistant principle (a few times) I'm confident my daughter will be happy there.

It's not an easy process to do the enrolment from overseas but it can be done.

Good luck and keep in touch!

K

Thanks a lot for your reply Kazzking, I will keep in touch for sure!