AHPRA further documents required

laurar9838

Hey guys (I hope this may help others in the application process), also any advice would be much appreciated :biggrin:

I posted my AGOS-40 application form along with supporting documents August 30th 2012 (The AHPRA dept WA).

On the 07/09/12 I received an email requesting further documents of a letter from both my secondary school and university as evidence I was taught and assessed in the English language, these documents also required notary certification. Posted 27/9/12 AHPRA confirmed they had received these documents 05/10/12.

Unfortunately I opened a second email requesting further documents!!! (I can honestly say, I spent over two months going over the AGOS-40 form with a fine tooth comb)

This time they requested evidence of:

> nursing qualification

30/08/12 I enclosed a certified copy of my university diploma certificate. I had also enclosed my university training record (including the hours spent in theory, private study and practice), along with the university module record, providing the course content and learning outcomes for each module studied in the three years.

>continuing professional development

As evidence of meeting my personal and professional development needs, I included within my application copies of recorded supervision sessions as well as evidence of dates for my mandatory and non mandatory training (this was a page printed from the Trusts staff training data base)

The Trust I work for no longer provide paper certificates. Staff training details are now listed only on Trusts intranet data base page. This was posted 30/08/12.

>current professional reference

The ward manager had (on a letter) head provided this information (as per AGOS-40 instruction). Also posted 30/08/12.

I have emailed the department as I do not know how else I can provide evidence to support these registration standards.

Its extremely frustrating.

If anyone has been successful in this application (hats off to you), could they please tell me what documents they posted to meet these requirements?

Thanks

laura

From what I've read on other posts each ahpra office seems to have their own idea of how to interpret the application form! I did mine with Brisbane. Took 4 months of phonecalls and emails. Its worth staying up late and phoning. Add up the amount of pages you sent with the application and ask them to tell you how many pages they have in their system.... Brisbane said that one of my documents was insufficient... I argued that the info they wanted was clearly on the document... after much debate it transpired that when they received my documents they scanned them all into their computer system.... but not the A3 sized documents as the person did not know how to do them so she simply omitted them and archived them!!!!!!!.... Don't give up. Persevere. Good luck.

Guest katie007
Just remember you are dealing with low paid, unqualified and unmotivated office workers. It had improved somewhat on what it used to be but its still chaos.

Agree, has improved, but I need no more colour in my hair.....Not long ago I called for a Client to chase up a missing Certificate and I could not understand her....and she was not Welsh either...enough said...

Thanks for your replys, its really appreciated!,

Iv been told that APHRA accept the syllabus/EU directive from the NMC so iv requested these documents be forwarded. NMC state this can take a 30 days from request! AHPRA (like always when they request further doc's) only give you a month, eeek

Laura

I had the same problem. I eventually had to pay £120 for 1 piece of paper (the uni syllabus) to say the same thing the previous documents said. However I rang APHRA and asked for an extension on the 1 month time frame and they were fine about it. Good luck, keep going, you will get there x

Archived