looking @ this area to live.

garyupnorth

hello, my wife, daughter and I are looking to be moving to the Noarlunga area, all being well in the middle of next year...

we have done quite a bit of research through the usual methods, is there anyone on here living in or around this area or knows the area, who can give advice about this area any info would be great.

Hi I know Noarlunga fairly well as my auntie and uncle live in Morphett Vale (near Noarlunga).Years ago,alot of the £10 poms settled in that area (late 60's 1970's)and that suburb was new then.Its a mix of private and social housing.South Road is the main road that runs from Noarlunga down to the burbs near the city.On a good run it will probably take you 40 mins from Noarlunga to the city centre.(Not sure where you are planning to work)You have Colanades the main Westfield shopping centre,which is very large and really,you probably would'nt want to travel to the city just for shopping unless you just wanted to go somewhere different,as that shopping centre pretty much has everything you want.Going in the other direction straight down South Road are lots of good coastal places within easy travelling.Port Jervois,Normanville,Victor Harbour,Middlteton and so on.Of course the main benefit of living in Noarlunga is the close proximity to the beaches.You also have Christies Beach and further along,Moana.Its also easy to get to places like McClaren Vale (inland)if you like country drives and so on.Hope some of this helps?

Guest Mikeworksatdual

Hi Gary

Noarlungas a good spot but most of the brits that i have helped to migrate have ended up living in Hallett Cove. Its a good distance from the city, glenelg Beach and Marion shopping centre hpuse prices are also quiet reasonable as well as being on the city to noarlunga train route.

• 3 months later...

Archived