Help arrive late on 4th nov in brisbane airport where is the most affordable hotel 2+2

jamesnparry

:arghh:HI all we have been searching and searching to the point of arguements.

we arrive on 4th nov at 11.30 ( guess get throught to lobby area around 12.30-1am) and with two young ones ( 4+6) we are trying to find a family room with breakfast which does not cost the earth ( everything is over $200 just for the room) - any one can help plllllease. we have rejected the formula one/ibris....novetel would be great but hey ho a bit over priced for what will be a quick sleep and then out again.

is this the going rate for brisbane hotels or are we missing something

:arghh::arghh:

Guest AKA63029
:arghh:HI all we have been searching and searching to the point of arguements.

we arrive on 4th nov at 11.30 ( guess get throught to lobby area around 12.30-1am) and with two young ones ( 4+6) we are trying to find a family room with breakfast which does not cost the earth ( everything is over $200 just for the room) - any one can help plllllease. we have rejected the formula one/ibris....novetel would be great but hey ho a bit over priced for what will be a quick sleep and then out again.

is this the going rate for brisbane hotels or are we missing something

:arghh::arghh:

Hi matey.

I must admit I've used Formula One on numerous occasions, but that was just for me, no family in tow and it was 'cheaper' and did the job.

But 'we' did find a place about 5 k's from the airport once, if memory serves me right it was $85 including brekkie, I'll ask the good lady as my memory ain't what it used to be.

Cheers Tony.

Do bear in mind taxis at that time of night will be extortionate. So closer might work out cheaper than more expensive but further out. It cost us over $30 to get to the Formule1 from the airport at 10pm. We were able to get a shuttle back in the morning, otherwise it would've actually worked out cheaper to hire a car to drive to the outer edge of the airport precinct. Go figure...

Do bear in mind taxis at that time of night will be extortionate. So closer might work out cheaper than more expensive but further out. It cost us over $30 to get to the Formule1 from the airport at 10pm. We were able to get a shuttle back in the morning, otherwise it would've actually worked out cheaper to hire a car to drive to the outer edge of the airport precinct. Go figure...

Employer is providing transport from airport to hotel thankfully! But not going as far as to offer to pay for a hotel!

Where are you going the following day?

Got to get back to airport to pick up hire car (long story). Hoping/assuming that there will be plenty of reasonably priced shuttle services or public transport options in the morning! Also got to get to CBD for an appointment in the morning. Got to then drive up to Sunshine Coast.

Have a look a bit further afield at Boondall, Northgate and Toombul. I know of the Comfort Inn in Northgate and there's a couple of Best Westerns not too far but it looks like $200+ is the going rate if you want better than Ibis! Btw I was a little disturbed by the new sign, it says something like Ibis Bugdet or Economy, suggesting it is a lower standard than your average Ibis, eek!

Never paid more than $30 for an airport taxi at any time to Chermside! If it's paid for then obv no issue with the fare but be aware there is little public transport to the airport other than the train at $15.50 one way.

You arrive one year to the day after we did :oD

Have a look a bit further afield at Boondall, Northgate and Toombul. I know of the Comfort Inn in Northgate and there's a couple of Best Westerns not too far but it looks like $200+ is the going rate if you want better than Ibis! Btw I was a little disturbed by the new sign, it says something like Ibis Bugdet or Economy, suggesting it is a lower standard than your average Ibis, eek!

Never paid more than $30 for an airport taxi at any time to Chermside! If it's paid for then obv no issue with the fare but be aware there is little public transport to the airport other than the train at $15.50 one way.

You arrive one year to the day after we did :oD

Toombul might be a good option if you want to keep the cost down. Not a fashionable place to stay (suburban) so accommodation should be cheaper.

On arrival it is a very quick drive in a cab from the airport to Toombul (all motorway).

In the morning it is easy to get a train from Toombul into the CBD.

And when returning to the airport you could even catch the 369 council bus from Toombul to the DFO discount shopping place at Airport Village near the airport. Brisbane Airport then does a free shuttle from the DFO to get you to the airport...it is the sneaky locals way of getting to the airport cheaply: http://www.bne.com.au/sites/all/files/content/files/TBus-Village%20Bus%20Service%20Schedule.pdf

Best to get GoCards when you arrive as using South East Qld public transport without a GoCard is far more expensive (30%+). Toombul is also a handy place to pick up a GoCard as it has Toombul shopping centre, train stations etc.

Here's the places you can get a GoCard around Toombul: http://jp.translink.com.au/tickets-and-fares/go-card/locations/toombul/buy

With the GoCard you just swipe on when entering transport and swipe off when exiting. It keeps track of zones travelled, discounts when transferring between modes etc.

Thank you everyone, some great tips on areas and getting around. Thanks for the needitnow link Michelle, we've found a 4* hotel in the CBD offering a bed and breakfast package for $239. Best price we could find and boy have we researched all around Brisbane!! Sincerely hope looking for a house rental isn't as hard!

Archived