Skilled work experience

Lakaal

Hi all, I just did another post gutted where I have missed out on ten points I needed on bloody ielts test.

I needed all 8's and got one 7.5

I am searching the points test to see could I claim points elsewhere.

I have worked as a social worker for over four years so could claim 5 points I need for skilled experience. However it states you must work a 20 hour week.

I worked a 40 hour week for 2 years 9 months however then moved to parttime 17 hour week for the next

1 year 4 months. However contract was for 17 hours a week I mostly did work over this.

How strict are Diac on this?

Thanks for the reply guys. The main problem is that because my contract is 17 hours anything I ever worked over that was never paid as it was never official..

I am clutching at straws here but I wonder if it is hours they are interested in would the fact I actually did 40 hours a week for 2 yrs 9 months not count as that is twenty hours extra than they are looking for week.

For example they are looking for someone with 20 hours a week with three years experience that equates to 3120 hours work. Where in fact I did Two years nine months at 40 hours a week that's More like 5700 hours plus all the part time ones on top.

Any ideas would this argument stand up?

Thanks for the reply guys. The main problem is that because my contract is 17 hours anything I ever worked over that was never paid as it was never official..

I am clutching at straws here but I wonder if it is hours they are interested in would the fact I actually did 40 hours a week for 2 yrs 9 months not count as that is twenty hours extra than they are looking for week.

For example they are looking for someone with 20 hours a week with three years experience that equates to 3120 hours work. Where in fact I did Two years nine months at 40 hours a week that's More like 5700 hours plus all the part time ones on top.

Any ideas would this argument stand up?

No the argument would not stand up, you are not going to be able to claimn experience points for the 17 hours a week work and you definitely can't claim double for the 40 hours a week work.

I would recommend resitting IELTS? You were nearly there, which module did you get the 7.5 on, if it was speaking or writing might be worth getting a remark.

Thanks Rupert no it was the reading section. I got 8.5 in other category's but 7.5 in reading! Did find it very tricky on the day.

Yes think I will have to admit defeat on this one and resit the IELTS. Unfortunately I will lose my Vic Ss as they said they won't extend it so I will have to reapply for that again.

Ah well back to the starting line again :( One step forward ten back at this stage.

Archived