husband go over 1st? does that work? thoughts?

fitnesstasha

Hello!

Read a cpl of times that some peps hubbys go over 1st, and do the ground work if you like..does that work? on one hand it may be nice to keep the children away from the stress of "setting up" but the other??

What does everyone else think? lol however....journey over there with the kids on my own? MEH! lol

Tx

I think going one at a time is a good idea if you are generally nervous about the move/ taking the plunge. In this case, the one in UK stays in regular employment and keeps the money coming in until the one in Australia finds a job. This way you always have one income, albeit running two households.

Other than that, can see no reason for one to go on ahead. This is such an important moment of your lives, it is best shared. Enjoy the journey together as a family, not just the destination.

I actually wanted to do this but in hindsight Im glad we didnt, it would of been so stressful for my OH, it would have put all of the decisions and running about on him, and I really dont think that would have been fair. At night we had eachother to cuddle whilst wondering what the heck we had done, if he had been on his own it would have been awful for him. Dont get me wrong we love it here and wouldnt change anything but in the beginning its too much to put on one person IMO. The stress and strain of starting up again, are a learning curve and as a family I think its best to face the challenges together.

Archived