doesn't anyone move to the country?

caronandrod

Living rural NSW and looking to find fellow poms but all I see are people in Sydney - the country areas are gorgeous - you don't know what you're missing lol If there is anyone out there heading my way (Rylstone/Mudgee) give me a yell!:em3600:

We are moving to Moree in November. A little bit further out than you, and I know there is at least one fellow PIO family living there too. :biggrin:

I love the country areas and could easily see myself living there - unfortunately I know it would drive my wife up the wall and I would be doing something very different from what I currently do for work. So realistically it ain't ever going to happen. Guess we'll just have to be city based and get the occasional country fix when I can

Not surprised you love it. Wide open spaces, fantastic

I'm in Dubbo.

Mudgee is beautiful and I think I've been on this site a few times banging the drum for regional Australia in general and Central West NSW in particular. I love it.

Just found out a few hours ago that I have a temporary placement back to Dubbo after my 4 weeks in Sydney next month. Very unexpected as you're not supposed to be allowed to do that but great for the family as I was originally told there were no country postings. I agreed to be posted to western Sydney, go and find a shared house to live in and leave the family in Dubbo whilst I tried to get a job in Gilgandra, Wellington, Walgett etc. Very pleased with this result.

Love, love love country Australia !

Moree is actually a very wealthy town - & oh, those Artesian Baths !!!!

Talk about the power of the showers - until you've sat under the waters at Moree you ain't felt nothin' yet !

Yep, love 'big sky' country NSW & the border area of QLD.... & Tweedshire, known to the locals as 'Weedshire' for reasons which become obvious in Nimbin....!

I have a (very) gay friend & a friend asked him "Where is she living now ?"

He replied "She's moved & I'm not sure until she emails - but you can bet it'll be up a blooody dirt track darling...."

I think I could quite easily train to be a hermit.....

Love, love love country Australia !

Moree is actually a very wealthy town - & oh, those Artesian Baths !!!!

Talk about the power of the showers - until you've sat under the waters at Moree you ain't felt nothin' yet !

Yep, love 'big sky' country NSW & the border area of QLD.... & Tweedshire, known to the locals as 'Weedshire' for reasons which become obvious in Nimbin....!

I have a (very) gay friend & a friend asked him "Where is she living now ?"

He replied "She's moved & I'm not sure until she emails - but you can bet it'll be up a blooody dirt track darling...."

I think I could quite easily train to be a hermit.....

We live up a mile long lane, in the heart of the Ulster Way, it is a no through road, we love the peace and quiet of the country, a small town will be a good introduction to Oz for country hicks like us and we are really looking forward to the artesian spas.......thank you for the further recommendation Galahad :biggrin:

I'm in Dubbo.

Mudgee is beautiful and I think I've been on this site a few times banging the drum for regional Australia in general and Central West NSW in particular. I love it.

Just found out a few hours ago that I have a temporary placement back to Dubbo after my 4 weeks in Sydney next month. Very unexpected as you're not supposed to be allowed to do that but great for the family as I was originally told there were no country postings. I agreed to be posted to western Sydney, go and find a shared house to live in and leave the family in Dubbo whilst I tried to get a job in Gilgandra, Wellington, Walgett etc. Very pleased with this result.

I am in Dubbo quite a bit on various courses etc. It's about 2 hrs from us. What do you do for work?

Archived