and it takes how long.......

CatMartin

ive spoken to them many times, and just keep getting that theres a backlog due to huge influx of applications late last year. but 9/10 months seems to be abit extreme.

That definatley does sound to long time,mine took about 12 weeks to be approved,what skills are you being assessed for ? also the 176 visa dosent exist anymore due to the rule changes in july. i would try and contact TRA myself to see whats going on.

ive just sent an email which basically came out as, 'what the hell'? i know hardly anything. ive asked on a previous occassion about the 176 changeover and got this response

The visas mentioned have been replaced from 01 July 2012. The visa that you were eligible to apply for before (176) is now called subclass 190.

So apart from the change in the name, it has not actually affected you.

im just banging my head against a brick wall. ive asked for a full breakdown on my TRA number, which stage exactly we are with TRA, if they are working from a particular month. my husband is so mad about the whole situation, im finding it hard to stop him from writing something alot worse to our agent ASA Group!

ive just sent an email which basically came out as, 'what the hell'? i know hardly anything. ive asked on a previous occassion about the 176 changeover and got this response

The visas mentioned have been replaced from 01 July 2012. The visa that you were eligible to apply for before (176) is now called subclass 190.

im just banging my head against a brick wall. ive asked for a full breakdown on my TRA number, which stage exactly we are with TRA, if they are working from a particular month. my husband is so mad about the whole situation, im finding it hard to stop him from writing something alot worse to our agent ASA Group!

The waiting and not knowing is so frustrating. your agent should have told you about all the changes,it sounds like his not doing his job,is he a registered agent ? is there any way you could change to another agent ? " The agent we are using is excellent i could pm his details if you want.

hi catmartin,

please mention what trade you are applying for? normally TRA take 4-6 weeks to assess. even RTO of TRA takes maximum 10 weeks for assessment.

you can check the time line in TRA website and also go through immgration website for your 190 visa details.

any further details you please revert.

cheers.

that would be great benny blueboy. just reluctant to seek other agent as paid in full for application and loose all that money. then again, worth it for our dream. my husband has applied for 176 visa, classed as an electrical instrument engineer-general, which is on skills list. but what we are applying for is still at skills assesment stage! the more im reading these replies to this thread, the more im having a panic attack!!

Be careful about agent. In my case, my CO asked for a document in August 20th to my agent but they did not reply. Then CO sent another urgent and reminder email after one month. Where i am waiting everyday every moment to hear my grant news as all my documents are met and finalized since 17th August. Unfortunate ......

sorry to hear that Azmir. You think going for an agent would be the best thing as they would really know their way around and help as much as possible, when in actual fact its the complete opposite. The email ive written my agent is a very strongly worded, 'i want this, i want that' as they havnt even given me a TRA case number!! Ive done some investigating now into ASA Group, and I have no doubt that its a legitimate company, but am feeling very let down at the moment, especially now am reading all these comments about times and stuff. and now that im thinking about it, ive been abit too soft, thinking, "im sure they know what they are doing,". my husband wants us to sack ASA off and just do it ourselves, but we cant at the moment as we have a skills visa going through at the moment, apparently. and you cant have 2 going through at once

that would be great benny blueboy. just reluctant to seek other agent as paid in full for application and loose all that money. then again, worth it for our dream. my husband has applied for 176 visa, classed as an electrical instrument engineer-general, which is on skills list. but what we are applying for is still at skills assesment stage! the more im reading these replies to this thread, the more im having a panic attack!!

hi cat, ive sent you a pm with agents details. :biggrin:

Hi catmartin,

first thing, donot get panic and frustated of the things happened.

Just I check with TRA, they mentioned they would take max 60 working days to finalise assessment. I know your case is too long. since you have taken agent. I suggest why cannot you directly contact TRA with your details. I did this earlier for some clarifications and their response was very prompt.please mail to traenquiries@deewr.gov.au

cheers

sorry to hear that Azmir. You think going for an agent would be the best thing as they would really know their way around and help as much as possible, when in actual fact its the complete opposite. The email ive written my agent is a very strongly worded, 'i want this, i want that' as they havnt even given me a TRA case number!! Ive done some investigating now into ASA Group, and I have no doubt that its a legitimate company, but am feeling very let down at the moment, especially now am reading all these comments about times and stuff. and now that im thinking about it, ive been abit too soft, thinking, "im sure they know what they are doing,". my husband wants us to sack ASA off and just do it ourselves, but we cant at the moment as we have a skills visa going through at the moment, apparently. and you cant have 2 going through at once

If your agent wont give you a case number,that would ring the alarm bells for me cat,in that has he even lodge your application. my agent gave me a case number as soon as he'd lodged the application so i was able to go on line and track the progress. Did you say you had already paid him in full?

He cannot have applied for the visa if you haven't got your skills assessment back, that has to be done first. Your agent should have explained this to you. The 176 is no longer open to new applications, you will have to apply for a different visa now but the skills assessment is still one of those first steps.

I really think you need to take some robust action and ideally get your money back. Or cut your losses, you won't be the first person to lose money on an agent, we lost £1k on a dud agent, thing's were a lot better when we did it ourselves.

Edit: ASA? Just seen your last post, yes that was the agent I lost my money with, fortunately I had opted for the installments option. They stuffed up my skills assessment too but I got MARA involved, they were brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. Please do this and do not let this company mess you around any further, I doubt I would be in Australia yet if I had stuck with them.

An organisation cannot be a registered migration agent, only an individual can be registered.

Find out who is managing your case and check whether s/he is registered with the OMARA at:

https://www.mara.gov.au/

Under Clause 2.8 of the Code of conduct a Registered Migration Agent must:

(a) within a reasonable time after agreeing to represent a client, confirm the

client’s instructions in writing to the client; and

(b) act in accordance with the client’s instructions; and

© keep the client fully informed in writing of the progress of each case or

application that the agent undertakes for the client; and

(d) within a reasonable time after the case or application is decided, tell the

client in writing of the outcome of the client’s case or application.

and

6.1 A registered migration agent must maintain proper records that can be made

available for inspection on request by the Authority, including files containing:

(a) a copy of each client’s application; and

(b) copies of each written communication between:

(i) the client and the agent; and

(ii) the agent and any relevant statutory authority; and

(iii) the agent and the Department regarding the client; and

© file notes of every substantive or material oral communication between:

(i) the client and the agent; and

(ii) the agent and an official of any relevant statutory authority; and

(iii) the agent and the Department regarding the client

and

11.1 A registered migration agent must ensure that at least 1 copy of the Code is

displayed prominently in:

(a) any waiting room or waiting area that is:

(i) at the agent’s place of business; and

(ii) used by clients; and

(b) any office or room in which the agent conducts business with clients.

11.2 A registered migration agent must ensure that a client who asks to see the

Code can be supplied immediately with 1 copy for the client to keep.

11.3 Each contract made between a registered migration agent and a client must:

(a) include a statement about the existence and purpose of the Code; and

(b) guarantee that the client can obtain a copy of the Code, on request, from

the agent.

11.4 A registered migration agent who has an Internet web site must provide a link

to the copy of the Code that is displayed on the Authority’s web site.

There is a link to the full Code on my website: http://www.pinoyau.com

If you retained the services of a RMA you should be able to obtain the information you want upon request.

If your case is being managed by an unregistered person then you are not protected by the Code.

All the best

Archived