Starting date tomorrow and still no sign of the visa

DR Moving to Oz

Hi,

The job i was offered has a starting date of tomorrow but i still don't have a visa and still living in the UK. The boss is aware of the situation as he is in contact with the MA. Would it be worth pointing this out to immigration to see if they can hurry things along.

I am applying for the 457 and the latest on the website for the nomination/sponsorship states

5/9/12 Further information required

14/9/12 information received

That's 5 days ago, all they requested was detail's about salary and contract of employment. The was received by them 30/8/12 along with the fee's received on the same day.

Is i possible to have the visa by the end of the month so i can give notice at work in the UK so i can start the new job early November. Or am i being too hopeful.

Thanks for any help

Dr

Hi,

The job i was offered has a starting date of tomorrow but i still don't have a visa and still living in the UK. The boss is aware of the situation as he is in contact with the MA. Would it be worth pointing this out to immigration to see if they can hurry things along.

I am applying for the 457 and the latest on the website for the nomination/sponsorship states

5/9/12 Further information required

14/9/12 information received

That's 5 days ago, all they requested was detail's about salary and contract of employment. The was received by them 30/8/12 along with the fee's received on the same day.

Is i possible to have the visa by the end of the month so i can give notice at work in the UK so i can start the new job early November. Or am i being too hopeful.

Thanks for any help

Dr

Could your employer chase them for you? Sometimes that helps. Especially if you are going to a regional area? or so I'm told. Good luck :biggrin:

The processing of 457 applications has become quite efficient and most get processed quickly.

However, incomplete applications where case officers need to request further documents are processed considerably slower.

If further documents need to be requested, the application will normally go back into the case officers queue of work. They will not immediately go back to working on the file as soon as the further documents are provided.

If I recall correctly, we had a similar thing whereby we were asked to submit an extra supporting document. It went to 'info recieved' soon after, and then a few days later we were granted the visa. Hopefully, as long as they are happy with what they have been sent, you shouldn't be waiting too much longer.

Thanks for the offer Milliemilly :biggrin:

Hi Hoff Im really going to miss the cold weather if i get my visa soon, after all the extra heating cost's extra lighting cost's, getting up and going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark.

By the way the heating went on last night and the timer set ready for this morning. It was no noce yesterday morning getting out of the shower in the cold.

Archived