Ready to call it quits

CatMartin

Hi all, new to this so bear with me...

The first stage of our skills assessment was submitted in January 2012 by ASA Group, and yet we are hearing nothing back yet as to the status of this. We applied previously through ASA Group, however when they submitted it to TRA it was denied (as to why, we have no idea due to job/references/experiences/work experiences/no criminal past etc etc is all how it should be) and we were told within 2 months of submitting this that TRA declined it. ASA have now resubmitted it in January, yet nothing has come back yet, we have asked ASA time and time again whats the situation and they say they will get back to us when they hear something regarding our case. Still, over 9 months now and no answer from TRA (they must not like us very much!). Im just wondering if anyone else is in a similar boat. My VISA is 176, and I was just wondering if anyone else is having similar timescale problems with it. This isnt the full VISA, just the skills assessment. We keep getting told about such a huge influx of people wanting to emigrate to OZ which is why timescale is so slow. Is it just me? :arghh:

The first stage of our skills assessment was submitted in January 2012 by ASA Group, and yet we are hearing nothing back yet as to the status of this. We applied previously through ASA Group, however when they submitted it to TRA it was denied (as to why, we have no idea due to job/references/experiences/work experiences/no criminal past etc etc is all how it should be) and we were told within 2 months of submitting this that TRA declined it. ASA have now resubmitted it in January, yet nothing has come back yet, we have asked ASA time and time again whats the situation and they say they will get back to us when they hear something regarding our case. Still, over 9 months now and no answer from TRA (they must not like us very much!). Im just wondering if anyone else is in a similar boat. My VISA is 176, and I was just wondering if anyone else is having similar timescale problems with it. This isnt the full VISA, just the skills assessment. We keep getting told about such a huge influx of people wanting to emigrate to OZ which is why timescale is so slow. Is it just me? :arghh:

If you search through postings you will see that TRA applications are taking a very long time.

You should however follow up with ASA re what visa they now think you will be applying for as you can no longer apply for a 176 visa and yiu could not apply previously fora 176 visa before your skills had been positively assessed.

Regards

thanks so much, just getting really frustrated with it, especially when you feel like youre the only one who seems to be taking forever!!

Keep on top of your agent, I used the same one and my skills assessment was declined first time because of their error over documents required. I didn't continue with them after that stage.

My husband is classed as an electrical instrument engineer (he is an alarm engineer), he has 20 years experience and work references for all, as well as certificates in his career for the passing certain things. he has done an informal apprenticeship, but that was 20 years ago. the examining body that provided that course has been taken over about 10 times, and so they have details of the course, but have no record of anyone being on it. theres a letter he received after completing his course saying they are just waiting for the log books to be signed off so certificates can be issued. Now our migration agents (ASA Group) have said that TRA turned our skills assessment down as there wasnt any proof that the course had been done. So we went back to the company, they went through a load of things with my husband and were satisified that he has indeed completed the course. They have since issued a letter saying all the things that was covered in the course and that despite they have no receord of my husband being on the course they are satisifed he completed it. we have passed that to our migration agent and our skills assessment has been relodged. I just thought it was strange, with teh amount of my husbands career experience that it would be turned. we have been contacting our agent about 3 times a month asking for updates, but they cant tell us anything about our case until they hear back from TRA. I did think we were being messed around from our agents, timescale now-9 months since submitted (the second time), however, after reading peoples posts here, looks like we are about average!

:hug:I feel for you. TRA are a law unto themselves and they like all their boxes to be ticked. I appreciate that you are using an agent, but could you contact TRA direct yourselves? They can take a week to answer emails. If you have a TRA reference number, you may be better off speaking to them direct either by email or waiting up and calling them in person.

MY OH is also in the security industry, but TRA don't recognise his qualifications from the UK so he got an AQF III so in their words "he has met the Australian standard required" - is this an option for you? We instructed a skills agent, but I believe if you contact TRA they have details of RTO's which may be a quicker and cheaper option.

I wish I could say I knew what TRA looked for. We have submitted a lever arch file of papers and I am panicking that it won't be suffiicient - apart from sending the kitchen sink I honestly don't know what else we could send if it is not!

Don't give Up!!! Wishing you the Best of Luck xx

• 1 month later...

Thanks Candygirl, we are having a nightmare time with ASA. Not replying to our messages, not answering our questions, and not giving us our TRA number. We arent happy with them at all and on personal experience would not recommend them to anyone but I guess everyone has their own different experiences. So we are now getting MARA involved. Joy. The last thing we need. LOL to your message, I do feel we have sent everything bar the kitchen sink, but having more is better than less. What does your OH do in the security industry if you dont mind me asking.

Code Alert March 2011

Agents' obligations under the Code of Conduct

I wish to remind agents of some of their obligations to clients under the Code, for delivery of a high level of professional services.

To ensure that clients are not unduly disadvantaged following receipt by an agent of a request from a client for the return of documents, agents are reminded of their obligations as set out in Part 10 of the Code of Conduct.

Under clause 10.2 of the Code a client is entitled to ask a registered migration agent (orally or in writing) to return any document that belongs to the client. The agent must return the document within 7 days of being asked.

Failure to action a request for documents within the specified timeframe may adversely affect a client, particularly in circumstances where the client is required to submit documents to the Department as part of their ongoing visa application and may be in breach of the Code.

The reference to documents includes all written communications, and including, but not limited to:

- the contract for services;

- all correspondence between the client and agent (emails, letters and file notes);

- the visa application/s;

- documents submitted in support of the visa application/s (e.g. skills assessment, IELTS test results);

- all correspondence between the agent and the Department (or the Authority) and

- all financial records relevant to the services provided, and as specified in the contract for services.

Thanks Candygirl, we are having a nightmare time with ASA. Not replying to our messages, not answering our questions, and not giving us our TRA number. We arent happy with them at all and on personal experience would not recommend them to anyone but I guess everyone has their own different experiences. So we are now getting MARA involved. Joy. The last thing we need. LOL to your message, I do feel we have sent everything bar the kitchen sink, but having more is better than less. What does your OH do in the security industry if you dont mind me asking.

My OH is a Locksmith.

I am sorry I would not accept what your agent is doing. It is incredily stressful to do this process DIY, but we could not get an agent to help with the skills assessment, so have had to learn the "hard way" and take the stress. Fine, but I wouldn't have that if I was paying someone else to do it on our behalf. That's the whole point of having an agent. I would also assume that if they are doing their job properly, they would know a dam site more than us and know the system inside and out. Not all agents are the same, there are some really good ones out there who know their "onions", can you instruct other agents? I appreciate there is a cost element involved, but perhaps the time has come to say enough is enough for your own peace of mind.

We are still waiting for TRA to come back with their findings, but have been keeping a note of their recent timescales and tbh, they are not too bad, the latest one I know of (Gbuss) came back in six weeks, so not bad at all at the moment.

If this is really what you want, don't let this stop you. There is a way round everything and you just need to find a decent agent to achieve this for you. Good Luck.

Archived