Bridging visa, whv to PR.

Guest DingDangDoo

Guest DingDangDoo

Hi,

Im just wondering is it possible to get a bridging visa,going from whv to PR.

My whv expires in march and i reckon i will be against the clock. I intend to have my PR app in before march. Could i get a bridging visa for this transition?

Thanks

Guest ManchesterOz

Im doing exactly the same, entering on a whv then applying for PR with a spouse visa in april as we would have been married 3 years by then. The bridging visa A will come in to place when your whv expires, providing that you have already lodged your application for PR before it expires. The bridging Visa will have the same conditions as your WHV i.e no working for the same employer for more than 6 months, however as it is a new visa then employment time with your current/previous employers will be reset. If you intend to leave australia while waiting for a decision on your PR then you will have to apply for a bridging visa B theses however are apparantly only granted for emergencies i.e family death

Hope this helps

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME!

I have been in Australia for nearly 4 years. For 2 years on WHV and then de facto on 457 visa with my partner of 11 years. Last year the 457 was cancelled by his employer and as we are living in a regional area and the time of year we didn't have enough time to find another employer to take over sponsorship. We are now on a bridging visa E and the case has been with the tribunal for almost a year awaiting a decision but we have been granted the right to work while a decision is being reached. My partner and I have now broke up and I don't know what my options are. My current employer is willing to sponsor me or I am willing to attend university to obtain a student visa, are any of these possible if my BVE is cancelled?

If none of the above is possible, can you advise?