189 visa invitation sept 15th

gc1983

Got visa invite today !

You answered your own question heheh. Congrats! Please give us a little more details, when you applied etc.

Can't believe it! It's my husband's birthday today so has just made it the BEST birthday on record!

Believe it! Happy Birthday to your man ;)

Congrats to you both and good look for the journey ahead :biggrin:

Thank you! We're going to Sydney - we lived there while on Working Holiday Visas a couple of years ago and have been working towards going back ever since! We have friends and work prospects there already :) We're thinking next October - seems ages but with everything that needs to be sorted before a permanent move we think it's realistic!

Oh where did you get police checks? Was it a CRB? I guess I'll apply for mine!

Congrats on your invite too! When and where are you going?

Guest yafetberhe
It's acpo ! You need it with your meds next ! We are hoping to go January but will have to see how long it takes to get case officer !

Hi. I received a 189 invite as well. I was a little shocked. So they've given me a 60 day period to submit my application. Does this include having my meds and police check in as well? Or can they be submitted any time so as long as the 189 app goes in within 60 days?

Also, my invitation email noted that I was invited to apply for a 189 Independent Skilled but it also contained the following line:

You have received an invitation to lodge a Skilled - Independent (Subclass 189) (Permanent) visa application nominated/sponsored by your family member.

What does the part about being sponsored by a family member mean? I thought 189s didn't require any sponsorship at all. Please let me know.

my invitation email noted that I was invited to apply for a 189 Independent Skilled but it also contained the following line:

You have received an invitation to lodge a Skilled - Independent (Subclass 189) (Permanent) visa application nominated/sponsored by your family member.

What does the part about being sponsored by a family member mean? I thought 189s didn't require any sponsorship at all. Please let me know.

My email said the same, it must just be a clerical error as you don't need sponsorship or nomination for the 189! When you log in to SkillSelect, there is no mention of the sponsored/nominated thing so don't worry!

Yes you can lodge your 189 and when you are assigned a CO they will advise you when to get meds and police checks.

Good luck!

Guest yafetberhe
My email said the same, it must just be a clerical error as you don't need sponsorship or nomination for the 189! When you log in to SkillSelect, there is no mention of the sponsored/nominated thing so don't worry!

Yes you can lodge your 189 and when you are assigned a CO they will advise you when to get meds and police checks.

Good luck!

Congrats to you as well for your invite. I'm still in a sense of shock. I only had 65 points, and that's only because I got 7.5 in IELTS writing (despite the 9s in every other category lol). When are you planning on submitting your application?

Guest yafetberhe
did you get invitation on 15th september for 65 points? --- congratulation

I'm assuming you were replying to AmyM. But I also got an invite with just 65 points. And here I was about to retake my IELTS to get my point score up!

Hi all, congrats on your invites! I'm dead jealous :)

To give me an idea of timing - how long are you expecting to wait for your visa to actually be granted? From submitting the EOI to the invite was a lot quicker than i thought it would take, is it the next step that takes so long?

Guest yafetberhe
Yes I got mine on 15th Sept with 65 points!

Yafetberhe - Yes I'm still pretty shocked! I'm planning on sending my application through this weekend! Just got the last of my documents certified so all ready to go! How about you?

Awesome! I'll be applying within the next week or so (no rush).

However, am I to believe that when I hit the apply button on SkillSelect that I'll need certified documents ready? I thought everything had to be uploaded as digital copies into the system, i.e. my IELTS results, career assessment, etc. Let me know! Thanks...

Edited by yafetberhe

Awesome! I'll be applying within the next week or so (no rush).

However, am I to believe that when I hit the apply button on SkillSelect that I'll need certified documents ready? I thought everything had to be uploaded as digital copies into the system, i.e. my IELTS results, career assessment, etc. Let me know! Thanks...

I have started my application and have filled everything in up to the 'payment' section. So now that's saved and I have a transaction number. Once I have all my certified documents I will go back, complete the payment and then upload all the docs! Hope that helps!

Good luck!

it means nominated by the state or sponsored by the family :)

Guest yafetberhe
2 months was for SS and invite.

Well, when we received the 189 invite, we were also given 60 days to apply as well.

I have started my application and have filled everything in up to the 'payment' section. So now that's saved and I have a transaction number. Once I have all my certified documents I will go back, complete the payment and then upload all the docs! Hope that helps!

Ah, I see. The only thing holding me back is the money. I've got all my paperwork scanned and ready to upload when they need it. +$3000 is a lot of money, especially since the Aussie dollar is worth slightly more than our Canadian! Good luck to you as well.

it means nominated by the state or sponsored by the family :)

We know what it means. We just don't understand why they'd mention it in a 189 invite, since said visa requires no sponsorship of any kind.