ENS requirement

Janak

Hi there,

I am a web developer with more than 1 year experience. I have also 2 year study requirement here in Australia. I have positive skill assessment from ACS. IELTS score is 6 each. :(

And my current employer is ready to sponsor me ( both, either 457 or ENS ). So what is the best option for me?

Thank you.

Regards,

Janak

ENS every time.

Unless you have good reason to remain temporary for tax purposes. For example have substantial income from outside OZ.

Thanks rammygirl for kind reply.

I am bit confused whether I am eligible for ENS or not.

If you don't mind, can you please tell me the requirement for ENS?

Thanks & regards,

Janak

Do you have at least three years experience in the position you are looking to get sponsored for? This won't include the time you spent studying for it. If not, 457 may be the only possibility for you at the moment. The direct entry pathway (ENS), the one you could go for if you have less than two years experience with that employer, requires three years work experience. There are exemptions in rare cases I believe, but these are few and far between, and for exceptional cases named on a list in booklet 5 (web designer wouldn't be in that list) - found on the immigration website.

For the ENS visa there is no points scoring criteria, therefore educational experience may not be significant.

Do you have at least three years experience in the position you are looking to get sponsored for? This won't include the time you spent studying for it. If not, 457 may be the only possibility for you at the moment. The direct entry pathway (ENS), the one you could go for if you have less than two years experience with that employer, requires three years work experience. There are exemptions in rare cases I believe, but these are few and far between, and for exceptional cases named on a list in booklet 5 (web designer wouldn't be in that list) - found on the immigration website.

For the ENS visa there is no points scoring criteria, therefore educational experience may not be significant.

Thanks Tickled Pink,

So you mean to say my path for residency should be through 457? What is difference between direct entry pathway & ENS? Or is this both same?

Thanks

Thanks Tickled Pink,

So you mean to say my path for residency is through 457? What is difference between direct entry pathway & ENS? Or is this both same?

Thank you.

ENS stands for Employer Nominated Scheme, there are two pathways within this a) temporary transition stream (you need to have worked for the employer for two years to qualify for this), or direct entry stream - which you need to have three years work experience for.

The 457 visa is not a direct pathway to residency. It is a temporary visa which allows you to live and work in Australia, it lasts anywhere between 1-4 years and is renewable after that time. However it will not lead to PR, you have to apply for this - ENS is a way of doing that, but you need to fulfil the criteria of application for these two options.

Go on to the immigration website, all the pathways are explained on there. Each on also has a list for you to see if you have the necessary experience etc to possibly be successful in your application.

From what I read on the website, you can't go via the direct entry route if you already have a 457. Which means you have to wait for 2 years before you can go the temporary transition ENS route...? Am I reading the information correctly?

ENS stands for Employer Nominated Scheme, there are two pathways within this a) temporary transition stream (you need to have worked for the employer for two years to qualify for this), or direct entry stream - which you need to have three years work experience for.

The 457 visa is not a direct pathway to residency. It is a temporary visa which allows you to live and work in Australia, it lasts anywhere between 1-4 years and is renewable after that time. However it will not lead to PR, you have to apply for this - ENS is a way of doing that, but you need to fulfil the criteria of application for these two options.

Go on to the immigration website, all the pathways are explained on there. Each on also has a list for you to see if you have the necessary experience etc to possibly be successful in your application.

Thanks.

So I need to apply for 457 at the moment, as I am on Temporary Residency (485) right now. And after that I can apply for residency through ENS or whatever. Right?

From what I read on the website, you can't go via the direct entry route if you already have a 457. Which means you have to wait for 2 years before you can go the temporary transition ENS route...? Am I reading the information correctly?

Thanks for your reply

Obvioulsy I don't know the ins and outs of your particular circumstances, and I am not a migration agent, but from my laypersons knowledge and personal experience of having done it, as long as your employer is willing to sponsor you for it then yes, later on ENS would be a possibility for you.

Hi Alice, it was ENS, the direct entry branch. (as oppose to the transition stream)

We came on a 457, and then the employer offered to sponsor for PR after a few months, so yes, before 2 years.

My employer is also ready to sponsor me PR. Can't I apply for it direct rather than going with 457? Thanks

See my earlier post! do you have 3 years post qualification experience? if not prob not as this is one of the requirements. Your initial post states you have just over 1 year, this means to need almost 2 more.

Thanks Tickled Pink for the clarification. How complicated is 457 process? Do I need to go through migration agent or myself would be fine? Thanks

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/visas/subclass-186/

This link may be helpful to you as a starting point. If you hit the 'before applying' tab, and click on 'more onformation' this will lead you to booklet 5, which clearly explains the ENS options. The

This site will also hold relevant info for the 457 visa, you just need to do some homework.

Hi Alice, it was ENS, the direct entry branch. (as oppose to the transition stream)

We came on a 457, and then the employer offered to sponsor for PR after a few months, so yes, before 2 years.

Thanks TP. Was this before 1/7/12 or under the new rules...?

Archived