Single moving to Perth, no container needed, best way to ship smaller number of items?

lincolngirl76

Guest melanie79

Hi Lincolngirl76!

I Will be keeping an eye on this post as your describing what i Will be bringing too, so Will be interested in what other people have done before too. I got a couple of rough estimates ranging from £150-£200 for shipping 2 suitcases medium size full of clothes& some large picture canvases if that gives you a rough idea. But i think i Will be adding kitchen stuff, bed linen etc etc

Starting to decide what to bring, thinking it will consist of kitchenware stuff, clothes, bedding, books, cd's. No furniture, maybe a tv, dvd player. What is the best way to go about this, recommendations of companies and rough costs?

Guest melanie79
i am a single going to NSW ive just sent 5 boxes with seven seas.. cost £150 and insurance :D

How big are the boxes? Just trying to estimate how many i might need!!!!

Starting to decide what to bring, thinking it will consist of kitchenware stuff, clothes, bedding, books, cd's. No furniture, maybe a tv, dvd player. What is the best way to go about this, recommendations of companies and rough costs?

Groupage/Shared Container shipping could be a good option if you are looking to keep your costs down and only have a small volume? this is where you share container space with other customers of your chosen moving company that are heading to the same destination, that way you only pay for the space you use.

My advice is to get at least 3 quotes for comparison (Ensure volumes assessed and included services are like for like) and to use companies who are FIDI FAIM accredited to give you peace of mind that they are independently certified as a quality moving company (and at destination too) and to look for members of the BAR Overseas group to ensure any advance payments you make are protected should anything happen to the mover whilst your shipment is in progress.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest melanie79

Did you see the seven seas move cube advertised? Think Im gona go fir the small one at £450 then $249 at the other end. Sounds ideal for us!

Did you see the seven seas move cube advertised? Think Im gona go fir the small one at £450 then $249 at the other end. Sounds ideal for us!

We would have used the largest size but they do not offer the service from N Ireland, yet. We are using seven seas to ship clothes/bedding/TV/PC/Golf clubs and some household items like tupperware etc. 2 boxes by air, the rest by sea.

Guest melanie79

well im in dublin, but im thinking of only taking 2 bedside lockers, full length mirror, 2 large canvas pictures & a couple of smaller ones, clothes airer,hanging clothes rail, couple of table lamps, fan, heater, kitchen pots n pans, utensils, bedding, pillows, linen n towels, a couple of storage boxes that flat pack but i use for shoes & a suitcase full of clothes. it doesnt sound much but when i started putting it in a corner-it was soon mounting up. so ive 2 options: im waiting for a quote from careline here in dublin, or when my mum is over to visit il load her car up & then use the movecube from sevenseas in the u.k. it might be more hassle doing it from the u.k though (also dont think my picture canvases will fit in her car!)so if i get a quote from careline for less than 750euro il go with them!!!

We would have used the largest size but they do not offer the service from N Ireland, yet. We are using seven seas to ship clothes/bedding/TV/PC/Golf clubs and some household items like tupperware etc. 2 boxes by air, the rest by sea.

Guest Kimmajor

We are selling everything and buying all new when we get there but we are going to use seven seas to ship over a few personal items like wedding gifts etc and also a couple of suitcases they seem a really good company. x

Hi Melanie79, yeah I like the look of the movecube, think it would best suit me. Would just like to get other feedback from people who have completed the process with them.

Guest melanie79

there was a couple of threads about them here on pio. people had opted for the bigger sizes. its hard to picture the sizes though, how much stuff you can get in, but someone had said they had use masking tape in the living room to get the space and was filling up the square that way- that sounds a genius idea!!!

there was a couple of threads about them here on pio. people had opted for the bigger sizes. its hard to picture the sizes though, how much stuff you can get in, but someone had said they had use masking tape in the living room to get the space and was filling up the square that way- that sounds a genius idea!!!

I used graph paper and measured the furniture. We were going to take 2 new single beds, welsh dresser of my nans, console table, tumble dryer (brand new), and exercise bike. Then pack all the other belongings on top of these. Worth the £1000 or so, but no joy.

We will leave this and see if they do provide a movecube from N Ireland next May 2013 like they said, as we are leaving a lot of breakables behind.

Guest melanie79

oh i hope they do the move cube from northern ireland next year! my brother is near belfast, so that would be ideal for me, apart from he is suppose to be emigrating to canada in february, lets hope he pushes his plans back to may!!!!!!!!!!!

I used graph paper and measured the furniture. We were going to take 2 new single beds, welsh dresser of my nans, console table, tumble dryer (brand new), and exercise bike. Then pack all the other belongings on top of these. Worth the £1000 or so, but no joy.

We will leave this and see if they do provide a movecube from N Ireland next May 2013 like they said, as we are leaving a lot of breakables behind.

Archived