On Bridging visa A, no work right removed in 2 BUSINESS DAYS!!

hondalee12

I handed in my partner 820 application on Friday, filled out form 1005 stating why I think my no work right condition should be removed off my bridging visa. Rang DIAC earlier to check everything was OK, they told me that my 1005 form had been accepted and I can work in Australia starting next week.

YAY!!!! :biggrin::biglaugh::em3600:

Guest GeorgeD

1005...to remove the work restriction on your Bridging Visa. Just wondered how much detail they look for (not relevant to me, but many people ask about this)

Guest GeorgeD

Without going into details...the OP advised DIAC of a situation where their partner (sponsor) may be unable to work for a specific reason for a period of time. It was likely that the OP would need to support their partner and couldn't do that without working. Proof of the situation was provided, but it looks as though no significant financial information was needed.

It wasn't a case of the sponsor working and the OP being a bit bored, or wanting to get a bit of pocket money for savings, or to help them save up for a holiday, etc. There was a specific issue, for which evidence was available, which meant the sponsor might need to be supported by the OP.

I am trying not to make it too cryptic, as there really is nothing cloak and dagger about it, but at the same time I don't want to say too much as it really isn't my place to talk about other people's business!

Suffice to say, I think the situation was one which some other applicants may well find themselves in, and seems a reasonable one to ask for the lifting of the no work restriction. It seems an explanation of the situation and not too much financial info was needed.

I applied for the 1005 no work right to be removed because of my wife being pregnant. She has suffered from fluid in her ankles and has a relief - casual job which meant she doesn't get a consistency of work. I provided evidence of our bank statement back dated the last 3 months and a copy of the baby scan including a letter from doctor confirming pregnancy.

Archived