Help, girl moving to Perth aged 14

Guest Susie

Hi

I'm writing in the hope my daughter Amy, aged 14, who is a bit against moving may get speaking to some others similar to her who are already in Perth or a looking to move there. Any advice or reassurance on schools, shops, stuff to do, feelings etc will be much appreciated. We hope to be out there by July/August 2008.

:jiggy:

Thanks

Guest billy braveheart

Hiya, im Gary (13) we moved to perth in august,from Glasgow and its great ;-D

Even tho i hate schools, the school im in now is good, because everythings arranged around my football ;-)

My school specialies in

Football (Soccer) (I've got a Scolarship)

Swimming

Netball

Rugby

AFL

Cricket 8-)

(Thats Forrestfield Senior High School, will be 'Darling Range Sports High School' by the time your out ;-)

Plenty of shops around Forrestfield, ForrestField Forum, Midland is 5-10 mins away, Carosel is like 40 miles long, thats only 15 mins away. Everything is 20 mins away, Beaches ;-D

Its weird when you get here at first, but as soon as you get to know people, it gets better ;-D

Any more questions just ask ;-D or you can pm us and ill give u my msn addy

Gary

Guest dizzy blonde

Hi We moved to Perth in Aug 07. I have a 14yr old son and a 19yr old daughter. I get Steve my son to pm his msn address. for your daughter if she wants to ask any questions It will probably be tomorrow as he is out at the cinema tonight, staying at a mates and then playing soccer tomorrow! He has made friends really easily, finds school as good as school can be when you are 14. Where abouts in Perth are you thinking of heading we are in Mindarie.

Good luck with the move.

Lynne

Guest Sharon & Mike

Hi

We are going to be moving out in about 3 months and I have two step daughters Ffion and Sian about the same age if you want to get your daughter to PM them I'm sure they'll have loads in common.

Mike

Guest julie2g1b

hi there

my daughter amy is 14 in april we to are moving to perth at first she did not want to go but is excited and scared and would love to talk to amy.

do you know where abouts in perth yet? we are waiting till we get there hoping to hear by end of feb or b4, house is going up this week so once that is sold and got visa's we are out of here.

tell amy she can pm my amy if she wants and just ask each other questions and maybe meet up once we are all there.

by for now

julie and gang:wubclub:

Thanks so much guys. Very much appreciated.:notworthy:

I'll get her to read thru all this when she gets in from school. Spent half the weekend on the internet researching where to go. Places that tickled my fancy were Mindarie or Hillarys I think. North of River seems where us Poms head!! Place must have decent schools, hopefully not private. Could afford some fees but not 18,000 AUS$ per child. This website is amazing I've learned so much and people are so helpful.

Hi,

My daughter is slightly younger (13 next month) and has settled in so well here, made friends very quickly and loves it. We're SoR in Leeming, there are lots of Brits in some northern and southern suburbs - Rockingham for example is called little england by the aussies I work with.

#Ali

Guest marie+sean

hi my name is leah and im the daughter of marie and sean erm im 13 in july and i will be moving 2 perth nxt year and i need a friend so ill be your friend :cute:

FRIEND...

Guest afiyafifi

hi my daughter is 11 years old and my son is 14 years old they would love to be friends with your daughter ...love karen xx:cute:

Guest Andrew6
Hi

I'm writing in the hope my daughter Amy, aged 14, who is a bit against moving may get speaking to some others similar to her who are already in Perth or a looking to move there. Any advice or reassurance on schools, shops, stuff to do, feelings etc will be much appreciated. We hope to be out there by July/August 2008.

:jiggy:

Thanks

Hi, we are new to this site..i have 4 children, 3 girls ages 14, 11 ,9 and a boy age 4.

My 14 year old would love to talk to yours if you want as we are moving out to Perth soon...hopefully.

still waiting for visa!! :twitcy:

You can PM us if you want.

look forward to hearing from you.

Nickie :)

• 2 years later...

Hi, are you in Australia yet? I am hoping that I get there by the end of this year :)

I'm 14 and I'm moving to the Rockingham/baldivis area. PM me or reply on here if you want to talk :)

I would love to meet new friends because when I go, I will not know anybody!! xxx

• 1 month later...
Guest MeganHumphreys

hey i'm 15 and lived in mandurah jsut over a year now,

the shops are so much better over here for girls, the clothes are heaps nicer : )

and the schools really depend on where you go.

leave me a message or something, and i'll chat to your daughter if you like

xxxxx

Guest marie+sean

heey its leah:)

my mum and dad are only just in the begining stage of moving as they have decided to start it all over again:/

its so stressfull waititng for the people to reply to us

but thankyouu!:) xxxxxx

Guest MeganHumphreys

awhh okay :)

yeahh i know, the worst bit is when all your stuff gets shipped over and you have a suitcase to live out of for a week or two, then when you get over here you still only have that suitcase till you get all the stuff back D:

do you want to move over? orr... ?

xx

Archived