Working holiday visa

wayniac

Hi Everyone,

You were all very helpful last time so here goes again :-)

My brother who is currently in perth has now been given his 457 visa for a further 4yrs so I'm now thinking of delaying my visit from jan till possibly june nexy year only so i can get more savings behind me.

But my question is that i turn 30 on 4th june and was wondering would it still be possible to say have my whv start in may then fly out to oz in june after my birthday even though i will be 30 would i still be able to apply for this visa.

I only really want to save more so i can poss have a min of a months hols in oz before i would want to start work

Have you already applied for your WHV?

Your WHV can't 'start' before you enter the country, it's activated when you land. So if you applied for your WHV now, you'd have one year to enter the country and activate it, so you'd have to be in before 3 September 2013 otherwise you'd lose it.

You can apply for your first WHV up until the day before your 31st Birthday (although I wouldn't leave it that close!) you then have a year to enter, so technically could enter Oz the day before your 32nd birthday and still have a years validity. You wouldn't then be able to get a second year though, as you'd be over 31.

hi thanks for all the info not applied for it yet i was thinking they would ask for a arrival date into oz.

I just think its one good present to myself if i come over for my 30th and then i know i will get money also of my family :-)

From memory I think they do ask you for one, but it doesn't matter if you don't actually enter on that date.