information regarding visa

rider3

hi everyone

My family and I are planning on moving out to Australia once I am finished my nurse training in a couple of years. I know I need to gain 18 months or so experience however I am also aware the application process is lengthy so I am gathering as much information and facts as I can before I start at least then I will sound like I know what I am talking about. I have just had a look on the visa wizard on the australian government immigration website and it has brought up three options and a lot of jargon. This I am hoping you may be able to help me with.

The options it has given me it

Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186) visa - Direct Entry stream

Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (subclass 187) visa - Direct Entry stream

Skilled - Independent (subclass 189) visa

from the advice it has given me the last option would be the option I needed to go for? is this right? would I need to be in contact with an employer initially to enable this to be processed and if the employer was sponsoring me would they cover the cost of the visa? and finally does this cover the whole family of just me?

thanking you all in advance for your advice.

the ever excited Nicola

xcx

A 186 requires you to have a job to go to. The others do not. The regional skilled visa requires you to work in a regional area and not in one of the main cities. A further option is a 457 visa which is employer sponsored and very quick but is only temporary.

Your family would be included on your application

Thank you for your quick reply.

would I then be able to apply for a further visa once over there to be more permanent?

You can put in a visa application any time you want, no matter where you are. Why not go for the permanent one first if that is your goal.

You can put in a visa application any time you want, no matter where you are. Why not go for the permanent one first if that is your goal.

It depends on how fast you want to get over here. A 457 can be done in a few weeks. Also doesn't normally cost anything and if she can negotiate perm sponsored pr on top it won't cost anything to go onto pr.

It depends on how fast you want to get over here. A 457 can be done in a few weeks. Also doesn't normally cost anything and if she can negotiate perm sponsored pr on top it won't cost anything to go onto pr.

Many employers still expect the applicant to pay the PR visa fee, certainly I would expect that a nurses employer would not stump up.

Archived