We've run out of money (nearly), eeeeek!

Polkey

I haven't read all the suggestions in this thread but I think you need to look outside your area and consider moving to another locale within Australia. Apply for jobs all over and settle where you get work.

Also, I can't over-emphasise the value of temp work. Sign up with an agency as a temp worker and take anything they offer you. Even if you're sitting on reception you might get your foot in the door with a company. I did this once - got a job doing temp holiday cover, it evolved into another temp holiday role with the same company and then to a permanent role.

I'm sure you've had plenty of other excellent suggestions so good luck in whatever you decide.

Perhaps you should try reading the thread....they are BROKE....how can they move to another state or rent a house or live for that matter??

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So sorry to hear you are having to return home. We are on the GC and have been here fore 6 weeks. So far we have been living with family but once we get in our own place I know things will be tough each week. We still need to get a car. We are very lucky that hubby got a job within two weeks, its only temp but they have told him he can stay on after the contract ends. Its such a shame that you are willing to work and there is nothing for you. There does seem to be a few admin jobs about but they disappear so quick I often think its insiders who get them.

I wish you all the very best back in the UK

Perhaps you should try reading the thread....they are BROKE....how can they move to another state or rent a house or live for that matter??

How can they afford to return home then? But yes, quite right - I should have read the thread. Just trying to be helpful.

How can they afford to return home then? But yes, quite right - I should have read the thread. Just trying to be helpful.

Like the OP said in an earlier post they had to travel on return tickets as their son was on a Tourist Visa until his PR was issued!

Archived