Booking flights tomorrow- i have a stupid question

Ladyw

Hi All

Sorry, I assume this question has been asnwered previously but I cant find it.

We are booking our flights to Perth tomorrow (woohoo!), and I want to ensure we get the extra baggage allowance for migration. Does this mean I have to select a certain type of ticket? I am likely to be booking online so I dont want to miss out, but I also dont want to book the wrong ticket as I have too many clothes?!

Your advice, as always, would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

Lisa

x

Hi All

Sorry, I assume this question has been asnwered previously but I cant find it.

We are booking our flights to Perth tomorrow (woohoo!), and I want to ensure we get the extra baggage allowance for migration. Does this mean I have to select a certain type of ticket? I am likely to be booking online so I dont want to miss out, but I also dont want to book the wrong ticket as I have too many clothes?!

Your advice, as always, would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

Lisa

x

We got a letter from our case officer with the details of the concessions and a email address to contact them for the cheaper flight and extra bagage alowance.

Either you can contact IOM - details with your grant, you email them with the dates that you are looking for and they give you options of prices and dates - but might not be the exact dates that you ask for.

As you are going to Perth - if you open an account with ANZ you can get 50KG per person with Emirates.

Or Singapore Airlines once booked you email them and they will give you 40kg for an unvalidated one way PR visa. You take the print out with you to the airport.

http://www.anz.com/unitedkingdom/en/personal/moving-new-zealand/anz-associates/

I would take a few days to get it sorted.

Hi All

Thanks so much forthe advice. After a few hours of searching we have booked a flight with Singapore airlines and we have sent them an email regarding the extra baggage. Two adults from Manchester to Perth £1200. We have a days stopover in Singapore for some sightseeing, so all in all I think we have done ok!! We now have a countdown date to work to of 15th October, so that is pretty scary!!

Guest Nickyjrowland
Hi All

Thanks so much forthe advice. After a few hours of searching we have booked a flight with Singapore airlines and we have sent them an email regarding the extra baggage. Two adults from Manchester to Perth £1200. We have a days stopover in Singapore for some sightseeing, so all in all I think we have done ok!! We now have a countdown date to work to of 15th October, so that is pretty scary!!

Hi, we fly to Perth the same day as you :) on the 6.30pm flight!! We are going to email Singapore airlines re extra baggage too! It is only 8 weeks mondY how scary!! Have you got accommodation booked? Where are you going in Perth?

Nicky

Hi, we fly to Perth the same day as you :) on the 6.30pm flight!! We are going to email Singapore airlines re extra baggage too! It is only 8 weeks mondY how scary!! Have you got accommodation booked? Where are you going in Perth?

Nicky

Hi Nicky

Thats spooky!! We are on the 9 something flight though. The only thing I have booked so far is the flights. Hoping to get short term rental sorted this week, We have been at a car boot all day today to try and shift some junk and we did well for novices!!

Love to stay in touch and help each other through the next 8 weeks.

Lisa

x

I hope you manage to get the extra baggage, however I have heard of some people who have doe a stop over for a few days unable to get the extra baggage as the airline decided that they were going on a "holiday" and needed to be flying straight through. Hopefully not the case for you and I hope you get the extra baggage. Fingers crossed for you.

Guest Nickyjrowland
Hi Nicky

Thats spooky!! We are on the 9 something flight though. The only thing I have booked so far is the flights. Hoping to get short term rental sorted this week, We have been at a car boot all day today to try and shift some junk and we did well for novices!!

Love to stay in touch and help each other through the next 8 weeks.

Lisa

x

Hi Lisa,

Def keep in touch to share experience :) what will you be doing in Aus?

Nicky

I hope you manage to get the extra baggage, however I have heard of some people who have doe a stop over for a few days unable to get the extra baggage as the airline decided that they were going on a "holiday" and needed to be flying straight through. Hopefully not the case for you and I hope you get the extra baggage. Fingers crossed for you.

Hi

I am flying with the same airline for both legs, and only have an 18 hour stop over. The airline are transferring our bags for us so we dont have to carry them around Singapore!!

Lisa

Hi Nicky

I wish I could say I was gonig to spend my llife on the beach, but I am a Marketing Manager for Bupa so I am hoping to find a Marekting job as soon as possible. Husband is a joiner so I am hoping he will have no problems at all. How about you?

Lisa

x

Archived