State sponsored 489 visa timeline

dibongo

I'm 489 state sponsored, not family sponsored, with state sponsorship you get an automatic invite, I think you may be waiting for a while with 65 points on family sponsored, you would be better going for state sponsorship if you cant wait.

Thanks dibongo. Any idea how long it would take if i apply for Victoria? I think I need to have a Job offer from a Employer.

Edited by samlk

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks dibongo. Any idea how long it would take if i apply for Victoria? I think I need to have a Job offer from a Employer.

Sorry I didn't get back to you, been v.busy,

I think Victoria are quite slow at processing ,you may be able to find out more else where on the forum, good luck though.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Personally we have gone for the 489 just to get out there ASAP , two years isn't that long then we can apply for PR, and there may not be as many people going for that visa. as far as the IELTS are concerned its a complete ripoff

I was a plumber myself but jacked it in about seven years ago, may get back into it in oz after sitting there courses etc. Good luck which ever way you decide

Dibongo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My Hubby is a plumber too, he needs 8's in his IELTS to get the 20 points, he gets his results for the second time tomorrow if he doesn't get the 8's i think we are going to go for the 489 as we want to be out there ASAP.... Totaly agree with you on IELTS being a rip off----they clearly know people are needing the band score overall and dropping them 0.5 of a point is just wrong i think the know what they are doing....... We would have prefered the 190 visa but can apply for that after 2 years like yourself.........

good luck on your new adventure....

Tracey

Hi Dibongo,

sorry to bother you again but you just seem to be a couple of steps In front of us, so guessing you will be able help ! Like I mentioned before got successful tra and have lodged EOI and state sponsorship ! My question is on the EOI they calculate your points for you which is great but just wondering if you have to get your work experience assessed by anyone to confirm the amount of years you have or just go on what EOI calculate for you ? Thanks

Hi Schafer ,

We got points advice with our assessment at a cost of $300 extra, we also uploaded a letter from my wife's boss to the DIAC.

Its actually the same letter as we sent off for the points advice.

So far this appears to be ok , however I don't like to count my chickens and all that......

If you didn't have this info to hand you could use p60's, wage slips and contracts of employment and the like I suppose,

Hope this helps ,

cheers dibongo

dibongo as I see you submited your application to TRA and it took almost a year for a possitive result?I find it hard to believe although I was more or less optimistic about it.traceyandedd did you go through TRA or vetasses ?( your Hubby I mean).I am a plumber too and just waiting for TRA ,since 2 Aug to be presice.

dibongo as I see you submited your application to TRA and it took almost a year for a possitive result?I find it hard to believe although I was more or less optimistic about it.traceyandedd did you go through TRA or vetasses ?( your Hubby I mean).I am a plumber too and just waiting for TRA ,since 2 Aug to be presice.

I'm sorry if you find it hard to believe spyro, and it may not be what you want to hear,but I don't see what I would be achieving by lying.

The TRA assessment wasn't for me as a plumber by the way but for my wife as a hairdresser as I have previously explained in another thread to you this evening.

Tracy - Hope you dont mind me asking, but I see you said you and your OH are going to scrap the IELTS test? and go for the 489 visa instead? Can I ask why you dont have to take the IELTS for this visa??

I seriously cannot get my head round where to start to get back down to Oz. I'm away to turn 33, a joiner, and would hope to get down there ASAP. I have pre-booked the IELTS for the end of next month, but if I dont need to take it then I wont!! Was hoping to get down on a skilled visa, although if the state sponsor is quicker and "easier" (if such a thing!) then I'd be keen to go for that.

Thanks for any replies

mark

I'm sorry if you find it hard to believe spyro, and it may not be what you want to hear,but I don't see what I would be achieving by lying.

The TRA assessment wasn't for me as a plumber by the way but for my wife as a hairdresser as I have previously explained in another thread to you this evening.

please do not take it the wrong way ,I am not calling you a iuar ,it's just ridiculous an assessment body to take that long.Anyway ,I 'm happy it worked out for you.

Hello Dibongo,

I am really happy for you. I am on the same way. I have lodged my application for 489 on 1st September but Support officer is not allocated yet. Please share with me if I need to change any status in Skill Select? Please also let me know if I will receive an email regarding officer allocation or I have to check it on Skill select regularly??? I am worried, Please share if you have any idea....I would be Thankful..

Regards,

Deep

Hello Dibongo,

I am really happy for you. I am on the same way. I have lodged my application for 489 on 1st September but Support officer is not allocated yet. Please share with me if I need to change any status in Skill Select? Please also let me know if I will receive an email regarding officer allocation or I have to check it on Skill select regularly??? I am worried, Please share if you have any idea....I would be Thankful..

Regards,

Deep

Hi deep,

welcome to poms in oz,

Erm, how to answer your questions,

You say you have lodged your 489 visa application on the first of sept, but you mention skillselect on a few occasions ,

I think you may be getting a 489 Expression of interest confused with submitting a 489 visa AFTER getting an invite, sorry if I'm wrong with this, if you give me a bit more clearer information I may be able to help you.

cheers dibongo