Applying for 190 western Australia state sponsorship

rsg2369

Hi we have applied for a 489 visa with western Australia as we have 60 points

we really want the 190 visa but sit at 55 points do you think I can apply for 190

at this point as if we get state sponsorship will that give us extra points

do you have to apply for every visa state sponsorship separately?

many thanks

State Nomination for the 190 gives you 5 points, 489 gives you 10 points - if you have 55 points without State Nomination - you should apply for 190 State Nomination. But if you have only 50 points currently you have no option but to apply for 489. If you dont meet the pass mark you wil not be invited.

Each state have their own procedures to to be nominatied - some you apply direct after lodging EOI, others you need to wait to be contacted. WA and SA you apply direct once lodging EOI

Thanks have 55 point and have applied for state sponsorship online but not heard for 2 weeks anything yet .As wa are not really processing at the moment .I made the mistake off going the 489 route which is temp visa when you apply to western austraila for state sponsorship it is for only one visa at a time at a cost of 200 dollars unlike ticking the visas in the EIO this seems to mean I will need to apply for 190 western austraila separately at a cost again then?

You could contact them and ask if they would consider your application for 190 instead of 489. But you may need to pay again, but it is a tiny amount to pay considering that you would get PR straight away - rather than going down the 489 then applying for 887, which you would also need to pay for and is more than $200.

Plus all the other benifits that you would have being PR straight away, better access to Medicare, Child benifit, can work anywhere in WA or Australia.

Hi lebourvellec

thank you for your time do you think I stand a good chance of 190 visa 43 yr old carpenter 55 points 60 when partners skills get TRA have submitted her info do you think we will get offered visa for WA our agent has been hopeless so far

What is your partners occupation. Both occupations need to be on the same SOL for you to be able to cliam partner points - as your occupation is on SOL 1, your partners will also reuire to be to be able to gain the 5 points that you require.

ADD: From what you have posted before - your partner is a Hairdresser - therefore as this occupation is on the CSOL (schedual 2) you will not be able to claim Partner points.

Either you will need to resit the IETLS to gain extra points or stick with your original plan of going for the 489.

Wish I had been told that by agent have spent another 300 dollars getting my wife's skills assessed

do you think 60 points with state sponsorship will be invited on the 190?

Yes - if you can meet the 60 points, and get the State SPonsorship you will be invited - this visa is not ranked like the 189. But if you need the 5 points from Partner skills you wont.

What did you get for your IELTS? 7's in each component?

Is your agent a Registered Migration Agent with MARA.

From what you have posted you will likely need to go for the 489 unless you can get all 8's in your IELTS.

"a suitable skills assessment in a nominated occupation on the same Skilled Occupation List used for your application" http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/visas/subclass-190/#other-factors

I have to apply for State Sponsorship of Western Australia, I have 65 points that meets the criteria of state as well as region sponsorship scheme. I am interested to launch apply both for state sponsorship (Visa Class 190) and regional sponsorship (Visa Class 489). Please guide on following points;

1. I have to apply separately for state and regional (RSMS) scheme through online application form or one application will be sufficient for both?

2. If I apply separately for both scheme then I have to pay 200 AUD for each application or there is option to pay only 200 AUD for both application?

I have to apply for State Sponsorship of Western Australia, I have 65 points that meets the criteria of state as well as region sponsorship scheme. I am interested to launch apply both for state sponsorship (Visa Class 190) and regional sponsorship (Visa Class 489). Please guide on following points;

1. I have to apply separately for state and regional (RSMS) scheme through online application form or one application will be sufficient for both?

2. If I apply separately for both scheme then I have to pay 200 AUD for each application or there is option to pay only 200 AUD for both application?

You can select both the visa options in the same application.

You need to pay fee only for one application.

Dear WalkWater, thanks for your guidance. Would you please confirm that I can apply state (190) and regional (489) at same time. Some one told me that I can apply to one visa class at one time.

Sorry asif, my mistake. Yes, you can apply for only one sub-class visa at a time. There is another catch. WA has put on the preface of the sponsorship application form that one has choose either 489 or 190 in the EOI.

• 2 weeks later...

Walkwater I could not understand your comment "WA has put on the preface of the sponsorship application form that one has to choose either 489 or 190 in the EOI".

I have gone through WA state sponsorship form and found "If you have submitted an expression of interest (EOI) through SkillSelect, choose the visa as shown on your EOI which should be one of the following:

• Skilled - Nominated (subclass 190) visa; or
  • Skilled - Nominated or Sponsored (Provisional)(subclass 489) visa. "

I interpreted that if you claims 489 and 190 on EOI at the same time even then you can select only one option when applying for WA state sponsorship but it is mandatory first to get qualify for 489 and 190 through EOI.

No where has written on the WA SS form that you have to chose 489 or 190 in EOI recently I visited the form again after your this caution. Please make it clear to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi walk water...

At last go my TRA after my review assessment.

What shall I do next?

Can I have two SS from the same state for two diff visas (190 and 489) at the same time?

Do I stand a better chance of getting an invitation. My score is 60 and with 190 SS it would be 65 and with 489 it would be 70...Which one should I opt for?

My trade is 323412 Toolmaker which is on CSOL. (SOL 2).

That too for 489 visa, thay have asked for some additional criteria of blah blah...., which I feel that I could not provide.

Please guide

NAseef

• 4 months later...

Hi

If i score 55 points can i still apply for state sponsorship? i have learnet that you need at least 60 points to apply for state sponsorship. will appreciate if anyone of you can resolve my query. its urgent

many thanks

best regards

Archived