prob bn answered but new to this

cairnzees

Hi , All this is my first thread but bn addicted to PIO for ages!! Anyway were planning to emigrate to SA on 189 independant skilled visa. Myself my husband 38yrs (carpenter/joiner) All british

And our 1yr old little girl. We r currently preparing our TRAskills assessment we have work references payslips and desciption of work completed just waiting on my husband sitting IELTS exam on 25/08/12 (fingers crossed) to make up points to 60 . My Questions are Q1: do we need IELTS results before submitting TRA sa? Q2: Is it correct in sayin IELTS results then submit TRA skills assessment then EOI once TRA is positive then wait on invitation then submit visa and wait for succsessful outcome? Q3: does the EOI just part of process because we dont want to b sponsored or nominated as friend hopefully linig my husband up with a job.

Thanks for any feedback and sorry for any confusion as noy used to this xxx

Are you using a registered Migration agent - it may be worth speaking to one, even if you decide to do the application yourself. Im think that Charpenter?joiner can get their skills assessed by VETASSESS http://www.vetassess.com.au/migrate_to_australia/assess_my_trade_skills.cfm I think they are easier to get a skills assessment from. But speak to an agent on best place to get assessment from.

You shouldnt need the IELTS for your skills assessment.

If you only have 60 points it maybe worth looking at State Nomination, as you might need to wait a while before you get an invitaition. With 190 visa if State Nomination is approved you will get invitation straight away as it is not ranked by your points.

Once you have skills assessment and IELTS results - then you can lodge your EOI.

Which state would the job be in - have you checked the State Migration Plan

Are you using a registered Migration agent - it may be worth speaking to one, even if you decide to do the application yourself. Im think that Charpenter?joiner can get their skills assessed by VETASSESS http://www.vetassess.com.au/migrate_to_australia/assess_my_trade_skills.cfm I think they are easier to get a skills assessment from. But speak to an agent on best place to get assessment from.

You shouldnt need the IELTS for your skills assessment.

If you only have 60 points it maybe worth looking at State Nomination, as you might need to wait a while before you get an invitaition. With 190 visa if State Nomination is approved you will get invitation straight away as it is not ranked by your points.

Once you have skills assessment and IELTS results - then you can lodge your EOI.

Which state would the job be in - have you checked the State Migration Plan

Thanks lebourvellec were not using agent as no free cash till house sale. The subclass 190 sounds ideal as were planning on going to Adelaide where a job is waiting for my husband . On checking wether nd Ielts for skills assessme t it says we do need it. Thanks so much for your reply as found out lots more while researchin visa190

It is still worth speaking to an agent - some give inital consoltation free. Try overseas Emigration based in Edinburgh. I spoke to them at start of us looking in to getting a visa, found them helpful, but we did the application ourselves.

https://www.migration.sa.gov.au/sites/default/files/files/State%20Nominated%20Occupation%20List%202012-13%20-%202Aug12x.pdf

Occupation is on the SA list - and you will not need IELTS if hold UK passport as its equivalent to IELTS of 6.5. But you might need IELTS for points.

Archived