Passport renewal..

Westward Ho

Hi all.

Has anyone recently renewed there British Passport from Australia?Mine is due to get a signatory today from my Doctor of 20 years here in Australia.

So its the C1 to be completed,Photo to be signed etc,Checklist 1 to be completed & signed.

Have i missed something??

Thank you.

*The form 929 to be sent into DIAC when i get the new passport back.

I renewed both my boys passports last month, from taking it to the passport to receiving their new ones it took just under 2 weeks!

I filled in my form last week and took it to the post office. Only needs countersigning if your appearance has changed a lot since your last passport photo. They also send you old passport with your paperwork. $275 i think it cost me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can I just confirm that you do get the old passport back then?? We have just got our daughters new passport back and I am stressing as we have not got her old one back which has the visa in it!! The new one does not contain a visa!!:confused:

Can I just confirm that you do get the old passport back then?? We have just got our daughters new passport back and I am stressing as we have not got her old one back which has the visa in it!! The new one does not contain a visa!!:confused:

Hi.

You do get the old one back,with a corner missing,a week before the new one.

The Visa is electronic,they dont use the stickers any more.

Cheers

Hi.

You do get the old one back,with a corner missing,a week before the new one.

The Visa is electronic,they dont use the stickers any more.

Cheers

Just to reassure betsyhorse, because the new passport is being courrier'd from the UK, and the old one is coming from NZ, sometimes you'll get the new one before the old one.

Archived