Working in Deerpark (west melbourne), where to settle?

Anna333

Ha ha ha Anna, not surprised, it took us a while to decide, good to think ahead . . .

I know where you are thinking in Altona, we were considering there too until the power stations put me off, the same reason we stopped looking at Williamstown, We could not afford where We wanted to buy! Or the blocks were too small.

I really like Williamstown, I shop there regularly and we eat there a lot too.

good luck with the house hunting :wink:

Hey Kazze how do you like where you are in Werribee? I guess you've been there a few months now. I remember you were trying to go somewhere the a community feel, much like ourselves. Also, you mentioned Little River. I've just googled it and it looks quite isolated, relatively speaking. What was the attraction / any drawbacks?

Boganbear - if our pockets stretched to Williamstown budget then I may entertain the thought of mentioning it. Alas, I've not even searched property there for that reason, although with just a drive by I do wonder if you can get any land with your house in that area anyway?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey I wanted to do another update to let you know that we have paid up our deposit and are DEFINITELY moving to Altona Meadows later this year!

We're obviously really pleased with our decision or we wouldn't have gone ahead with it. We checked out a few renovation projects in Altona as the cost of these places was obviously lower, but it became evident that they would still go for a reasonable price and most likely be bulldozed and 3 units thrown up in their place. What surprised me was that the location of these properties was worse than were our new place is going to be. They were on grid reference roads several hundred meters from the beach. We're going to be in a quiet court with the wetlands reserve on our doorstep and play park in spitting distance. We've had to compromise - the train station is a 5 min drive away, but alas you usually have to make compromises.

My hubby, who's Aussie, fell in love with the house immediately. I know it's the perfect setup for us but didn't get that instant 'love', I think because it's SUCH an Aussie style house. We feel like we got a good price - I doubt we would have bought it we didn't. It has the large garden we were after and one of few houses with really practical use and layout of all the indoor space. Can't wait for the move. Did I mention the icing on the cake is we don't have to renovate it?!! LUXURY! :)

Hey Anna great news about the house, and no reno! when do you settle and move in?

I love Werribee, we are right on the edge of town going towards Geelong, not into the community thing just yet but there is potential at least.

Misshelly, yes I think we did meet up at Werribee plaza? a while a go now, lots has happened since then. Where are you? Are you working?

I am working full time now in Geelong but up for meeting up for a chat with anyone, any time, any place LOL

(over a week end of course)

:wubclub:

hi im from greensborough as well moving back to melbourne later this year. altona area on our radar as well as girlfriennd wants to be near a beach let us know how u get on there

Will do. You didn't happen to play in an Aussie Rules team in Wolves? My hubby played with the Manchester Mozzies when we were in the UK.

Hey Anna great news about the house, and no reno! when do you settle and move in?

I love Werribee, we are right on the edge of town going towards Geelong, not into the community thing just yet but there is potential at least.

Misshelly, yes I think we did meet up at Werribee plaza? a while a go now, lots has happened since then. Where are you? Are you working?

I am working full time now in Geelong but up for meeting up for a chat with anyone, any time, any place LOL

(over a week end of course)

:wubclub:

It's going to be a wee while till we move out - probably August. I'll be bringing a 2 year old a newborn with me so hoping to scope out mums groups etc for when I arrive. I know how long it's taken to get to know people from my initial move from UK to Aus but come to realise you need to be proactive and it soon comes together. It makes such a difference making friends when you move and I've realised the sooner you do it the better, so hoping to be more proactive as soon as we do arrive 'on the other side'. I'll defo be up for meeting anyone in the area when we make the move! :)

Archived