Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) New Subclass 186

Raul Senise

There have been a number of threads posing question about the new ENS Visa requirements, yet no questions about the Nomination requirements.

If considering applying for ENS, be mindful that under the new system, the requirements for the company have increased significantly. As such the first research that needs to be done is:

1. Is the company aware of the new requirements?

2. Are they able to meet the new requirements?

Under the new system, among other requirements, the Australian company now needs to meet the same training benchmarks as under the subclass 457 program.

Considering that the training benchmarks are the main reason company’s fail to be approved under the 457 program, this research is crucial.

The fact that a company may have previously had ENS nominations approved under the old system does not mean they will be successful under the new system.

Also, under the new system, if applying under the Temporary Residence Stream, criteria such as “2 years on a 457” are now part of the nomination application, not the visa.

It is important to consider the above when lodging the visa because if the Nomination fails, the visa will also fails.

Guest cmdatar

Dear Sir,

Is this requirement of Training Benchmarks to be fulfilled by the applicant or the employer?

Thanks in advance.

CMD

Guest Berry Street

I have a question:

If I have handed my visa assessment in and wish to change positions within my organisation, how do I do this? Do I need to update the department if it is still the same job but in a different location? Or if I decide to drop my hours down from full time to .8...?

Hi, i am also trying to apply for office manager initially and have my Vetassess completed with positive outcome in 12 jun 2012. Really shocking and furious to see my occupation out of the CSOL list. Can anyone give me the link for the ceiling list, thank you narges

I have a question:

If I have handed my visa assessment in and wish to change positions within my organisation, how do I do this? Do I need to update the department if it is still the same job but in a different location? Or if I decide to drop my hours down from full time to .8...?

I am sorry but your question does not make any sense. Does it even relate to this topic?

. My job delete of SOL I am also trying to apply for office manager and have my Vetassess completed with positive outcome. Can anyone give me help what can I do for continuing if they add office manager to sol list again or not , thank you .

Hi ABA,

I have question about the direct entry stream. Do you know how long it can takes? I have 457 for one year. But my partner has 6 years of experience and he can get positive assessment and apply for ENS - The direct entry stream. What do you think that is faster way to get PR?

Thanks

Hi ABA,

I have question about the direct entry stream. Do you know how long it can takes? I have 457 for one year. But my partner has 6 years of experience and he can get positive assessment and apply for ENS - The direct entry stream. What do you think that is faster way to get PR?

Thanks

This will depend on many factors, such as:

• Is your partner’s employer an approved Sponsor;

• Are you using an Agent and lodging a Decision Ready application:

• Where will the application be processed;

• What country are you from;

• Are there any medical or criminal issues.

Prior to the 1st of July changes, applications under DRC were being processed quickly (4 to 8 weeks). Non DRC applications were taking 6 months plus.

Due to the recent changes there is a large backlog of applications and as yet we have not seen any applications approved under the new system (Subclass 186).

Hi,All

Wondering about the exemption?As I am working in gov Organization( doing Agi research and Living in country side).As I have read ANZSCO level 1,2 and 3 are eligible for exemption (in IELTS and skill assessment).I am working as Agriculture research technician that fall in level 3.As I have talk to one of the senior person and have chance to be sponsored by them.Would you guys know more about that than please make information rich comment here.

My husband holds a 457 visa and been working for employer for 2 months only. We are planning to apply for RSMS direct entry stream and would like to know if we can claim exemption from taking the IELTS. His position is a Pig Farmer and we are from the Philippines. We got our 457 without having to take the IELTS and we are wondering if we apply for RSMS Direct entry stream we can still claim exemption by providing school certification of 5 years study done in English language medium.

Also which is easier ENS or RSMS? The employer is in regional Australia.

QUOTE=apc1;1935938037]My husband holds a 457 visa and been working for employer for 2 months only. We are planning to apply for RSMS direct entry stream and would like to know if we can claim exemption from taking the IELTS. His position is a Pig Farmer and we are from the Philippines. We got our 457 without having to take the IELTS and we are wondering if we apply for RSMS Direct entry stream we can still claim exemption by providing school certification of 5 years study done in English language medium.

Also which is easier ENS or RSMS? The employer is in regional Australia.

I too am in this position, I am a nurse qualified in UK here on a 457 and currently working for my employer for 2 months. Do I need a skills ass and IELTS? My e,mployer is ready to sponsor and will do so under ENS direct entry!

• 2 years later...

Archived