Compassionate & compelling circumstances for 309

mamamegs

Hi there

Does anyone have any experience of a partner visa being granted more quickly due to compassionate & compelling circumstances? My OH had to leave UK last month, as his mum has terminal cancer. He is acting as her full time carer at her home in Brissy. Meantime I'm in UK with our 3yo. I have submitted this week & asked for our case to be considered as above, because until I can work in Aus, we can't afford to go :( so me & DS have to stay in uk until visa is granted, which could be Jan-Mar if I go by dates I was told on the phone!

I'm nervous of the idea of booking a one way ticket and going out on a tourist visa, as obv we aren't intending to be tourists.

Any thoughts? Will fact that DH is acting as FT carer and is separated from his 3yo son have ANY sway on things? The thought of his having to deal with his mum dying without us there breaks my heart...

Sorry to hear about your situation - all you can do is ask - but usually once all you documents have been approved, due to the planning levels of Partner visa applications, you are placed in a que for it to be granted - and the timeline that is given is usually about right.

Have you got your sons Australian by decent passport sorted?

Many people go over on a visitors visa while waiting for their visa to be granted - but you will have to let your CO know if you are doing this so they can let you know when the visa is going to be granted so you can leave Australia for a few days so it can be granted.

Had 2 phone calls this morning from our amazing case officer AB. He is going to email me later to set everything out in detail, but has basically said that, pending documentation re my MIL's health, it will be likely that they can expedite our application so that they can grant by mid-nov. such a relief...

Had 2 phone calls this morning from our amazing case officer AB. He is going to email me later to set everything out in detail, but has basically said that, pending documentation re my MIL's health, it will be likely that they can expedite our application so that they can grant by mid-nov. such a relief...

Thats good, least you will be able to get over for Christmas.

Archived