CCTV at Work

tonyman

where i work there are cctv cameras everywhere,they say they are for safety issues and not for monitoring production or employees............i use to think it was illegal to watch employees via this way but having looked into it i now know they can do what they like........when i worked for a certain firm in the uk /Liverpool they installed them and one was over the toilet that had no roof , you could see the camera while sat on the throne ,it was very off putting and i use to stay crouched...as i knew they watched peoples movements.......now im a bit older and wiser i dont give a **** what they see as my work and production is by far greater than most of the other staff but surely these cameras are intimidating to some people....do they bother you ,are you one of the watchers ,are some employers going too far ....?:policeman:

who is watching the watchers?

makes me angry this, I mean the people that impose this system are the biggest crooks of them all yet they escape with impunity it seems.

Trackers in cars in australia?

Guest The Ropey HOFF

We have them in certain areas of the prison, I would be happy to have them everywhere, I don't do anything wrong, but there's alsorts of shannanigans going on all over the place, would save countless millions of pounds IMHO in preventing riots, there's been dozens of disturbances and riots over the years and if the cons knew they were on candid camera, they would think twice.

We have them in certain areas of the prison, I would be happy to have them everywhere, I don't do anything wrong, but there's alsorts of shannanigans going on all over the place, would save countless millions of pounds IMHO in preventing riots, there's been dozens of disturbances and riots over the years and if the cons knew they were on candid camera, they would think twice.

That is like Benthams penopticon prison but in the outside world...you just don't know when you are being watched.

I think it is a bit sinister.

:animal-bat:

LOL

I don't think most of them care which is why most of them are inside in the first place

Guest The Ropey HOFF
I don't think most of them care which is why most of them are inside in the first place

Word soon gets round when they get 10 years for prison mutiny, there's been a few charged and sentenced, but there would have been a lot more if there were cameras, it would save millions, cons know there's no cameras, so think they can get away with it, it would pay for itself IMO.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Hoff you used to watch Cell Block H?

I did for awhile about 20 years ago, lol

I remember that skinny old female con, shouting out the head cons name B

Beeeeeee Beeeeeeeeeeee lol.

The UK penal system has moved away from punishment to rehabilitation - whatever that means.

The US have the best prisons in the world. I wouldnt want to wind up a prisoner in the US. I would be bricking it.

They really know the meaning of punishment and suffering out there.

LOL

Guest The Ropey HOFF
I have done some work in a couple of prison's around by me and they have cctv in them i was also told by a guard that they could listen us talking if they wanted

When there's a serious cell compromise, they have state of the art technology those thread cameras that slide under the doors and round corners taking pictures and picking up conversation.

though outside of prison, i dont feel comfortable having cctv cameras everywhere and being watched. Makes you kind of feel like you are a criminal. They always say it is for your own safety etc and to protect the children etc..

i have serious doubts about that LOL

Archived