Where to live in Perth as a single 22 year old?

GM89

Hi

I have graduated from uni in UK and am moving out to Perth to work as an engineer in October.

I am moving out there alone and do not really know much about Perth. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on which areas I should look at to live in. I just want somewhere where there are lots of other people in their 20s to meet. Also, do many people there do house shares?

Thanks!

Guest guest17301

Yes there are loads of people that do houseshares. Where to live depends on your lifestyle, do you like to go out a lot, clubs, pubs etc or do you prefer a quieter social life? What are your interests? Give us some more info and we can come up with some ideas for you to investigate.

Welcome to PIO by the way!

Thanks for your reply.

I like going out a lot.. more to bars and pubs than clubs. Also, would quite like to be near the coast but I guess its all quite near the coast. Somewhere with plenty of sports facilities too would be great.. I'm into my football (soccer).

Guest guest17301

You'd probably be best off near the city then....theres a great big sports stadium... Challenge Stadium, near the coast in Mt Claremont, you've got coastal suburbs such as City Beach, Floreat, Wembley, Wembley Downs, Woodlands, Doubleview and Cottesloe nearby, all great places to live but obviously pricey as so close to everything, city and beach but housesharing should be more affordable for a single guy....further inland and walking distance to the bars and nightlife, Leederville, Subiaco, East Pert, Perth itself, West Leederville....

Decide whats more important to be walking distance from bars or beach and go from there....

Thanks for your reply.

I like going out a lot.. more to bars and pubs than clubs. Also, would quite like to be near the coast but I guess its all quite near the coast. Somewhere with plenty of sports facilities too would be great.. I'm into my football (soccer).

Hate to be the bringer of bad news mate but if you are a single bloke who likes a bit f life of the evenings you are going to find Perth a boring boring place...does it Have to be Perth?

It does have to be Perth yea as that's where my job is. I thought considering its quite a big city there would be a reasonable night life. I am used to London so I was kind of expecting a bit of a downgrade in liveliness.

So if there isn't much night life was is the social scene based around?

I don't think Perthbum actually found the night life when he was here as he hung around with the wrong people. My 20 year old could be out every night checking out different bands in places all over Perth. There are places to go on certain nights - like the Lederville Hotel is Wednesday night, Cottesloe Sunday then on to Claremont. you need to know the scene to follow it - you go to the Leedie on a Thursday and you're stuffed. Local Students know which places do cheap nights/free pizza with a jug of beer on which nights etc. Monday night is cheap cinema etc. So - I'd stay Subiaco, Leederville, Cottesloe, Mt Lawley, Nedlands Claremont. Lots of house shares in those areas - they're advertised on gumtree - as they are easy commute to University of Western Australia (UWA) and near the CBD. They have a bit of life about them.

Archived