Quantas 'excellent' customer service makes headlines in a US newspaper:

Sol2Oz

:laugh:Australian Andrew Kahn left on hold for 15 hours in effort to talk to Qantas airline customer serviceKahn's patience went unrewarded. Getting through the next day, the Adelaide man learned that due to 'a booking code error,' he wasn't even on the flight to New York City he was trying to confirm.

It takes 15 hours to fly on a Qantas Airlines jet from Australia to Los Angeles. It can apparently also take 15 hours just to reach one of the airline’s customer service representatives by phone.

That’s a fun fact Australian businessman Andrew Kahn learned Thursday morning, after what he says was 15 hours and 40 minutes spent on the phone trying to confirm plans to fly to New York City, the local Sydney Morning Herald reports.

But don’t worry, while he waited, a recorded message told Kahn repeatedly that he would be attended to “as soon as possible.”''I wanted to find out what exactly they meant would be as soon as possible,” he told the paper. “I never got an answer.”Kahn said he suffered from the typical prisoner’s dilemma that afflicts most people placed on hold, in which hanging up becomes the ultimate betrayal.

While he waited, Kahan says he did some work, surfed the net, and managed to finish some light reading: that is, over 200 pages of Max Bazerman and Don Moore's 7th edition of “Judgment in Managerial Decision Making.”Suffice it to say, the man eventually just hung up.

The Adelaide resident did manage to get through to customer service when he called back later on Thursday. He said he was told that due to a booking code error, he hadn’t even been placed on the flight in the first place.Kahn characterized the Qantas call as “just about the worst customer service any customer could ever receive.''

For their part, Qantas told the Herald they had no record of a call lasting 15 hours and 40 minutes.''In fact, our average contact centre [sic] wait time during that period was under a minute and the longest wait time was 17 minutes,'' a spokesperson told the paper.

The airline is reportedly looking into the cause of the booking error and apologizes for any inconvenience.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/australian-andrew-kahn-left-hold-15-hours-effort-talk-qantas-airline-customer-service-article-1.1128759

Australian woman finds maggots in her in-flight snack

That’s just plane gross.

An Australian woman on a Qantas flight from Los Angeles to Melbourne found live maggots in her in-flight snack.

Victoria Cleven, 42, had just tucked in to her airline-issued packet of trail mix when she realized that something was awry.

"I felt like hair or something over my mouth," the mother of two told Melbourne's 7News. "When I turned the light on and looked down I saw white stringy bits. Then I saw maggots crawling inside the pack."

Her 15-year-old son Dylan Cleven checked the other two packets of trail mix they had purchased, and found that they too were crawling with maggots.

Cleven then did what anyone with a smartphone would do: she shot a video of the creepy crawlers and uploaded it to YouTube.

The disappointed passenger told UK's Mirror newspaper that she was promised a full refund of her $1,600 Australian ticket, but was only received one-quarter of the money.

The trail mix came from the Sydney Biscuit Company, which has supplied Qantas for the past 10 years, according to Australia's 10 News.

In a statement, Qantas said that they've apologized and are investigating the incident.

Read more:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/australian-woman-finds-maggots-in-flight-snack-article-1.1055032#ixzz22bE8KVf2

[YOUTUBE]8h44N9bczAQ[/YOUTUBE]

Guest Longtime Lurker

Lesson learned; don't eat anything on a plane when the lights are off! Fly to the US in a few weeks so will be VERY careful from now on.

I am assuming she was not stopped on her arrival for bringing in livestock?!

Guest Longtime Lurker
Read about that first story last week. Why on earth would you stay on hold for 15hrs?

My thoughts exactly!

Archived