Invitation to Apply for 189???? Maybe tonight?

obxer7

I was getting so excited looking forward to 1st August in the hope of getting invited. After the email we received yesterday I am not holding out much hope.

Still have a teeny tiny little bit of hope, I have 70 points, wonder what everyone else is sitting on. I might be better off if I don't get invited yet as I will have 75 points but the end of August.

Hi obxer7

My husband received an invitation this afternoon. He too has 70 points and IELTS scores as yourself; however we did not lodge the EOI until 13th July. I'm not sure how the process works then as we assumed it was by date lodged. Perhaps by occupation? He is a QS. We are thrilled, but can completely empathize with everyone waiting because we've come from the same waiting place! I hope you find this promising news then as it would appear 70 points may be the minimum for this month?! Best of luck to you!

Hi obxer7

My husband received an invitation this afternoon. He too has 70 points and IELTS scores as yourself; however we did not lodge the EOI until 13th July. I'm not sure how the process works then as we assumed it was by date lodged. Perhaps by occupation? He is a QS. We are thrilled, but can completely empathize with everyone waiting because we've come from the same waiting place! I hope you find this promising news then as it would appear 70 points may be the minimum for this month?! Best of luck to you!

Congrates !

So u made it into 1st 90 invites for 189 - WoW

Guest prgopala
Hi obxer7

That's quite strange. I have 70 points and an EOI which was lodged on 8th july. So as per the email yesterday the invitations would be sent to the EOI with higher points and in case of tie then the EOI which was lodged earlier. Did not understand the logic here.

Anyways happy that you got an invitation :) Good luck.

My husband received an invitation this afternoon. He too has 70 points and IELTS scores as yourself; however we did not lodge the EOI until 13th July.

Congratulation with your invite. Must have been a big surprise taken your EOI date and limited invite into consideration. Please keep us updates upon the process. I'm sure there are a lot of people who are curious to know about the actual process.

Btw - what occupation is QS?

Mellamoamo, is it the 189 visa your husband has applied for? I too have 70 points at present but only lodged my EOI on 24th July as I was waiting 8 weeks to appeal an IELTS result. The appeal was successful and raised my writing score by a whole point but it was because of that I missed the 30th June deadline and I now have to go through the new SkillSelect system. :sad:

Hi obxer7

Great... u have made it to the first 100... wishing u the best on rest of ur journey...

We actually received 75 points. Eek, I’m so sorry guys! After a long day travelling yesterday our heads weren’t working right. All caught up in the shock and excitement and then logging on to PIO to see if anyone else on here got picked, it didn’t compute in our heads.

However, it would appear that 75 is the minimum for this month. We will let you guys know how the process goes once we apply on 11 Aug.

Perthsunshine - QS is Quantity Surveyor.

Congrats SteveGB!!

Archived