Main applicant doesn't need medicals, but do the additionals????

Dansi

Evening all,

as some of you know, my visa application is underway, I am (hopefully) headed over on a 457 visa as I have been offered a job as a Diesel mechanic over in Toowoomba, QLD.

The application includes myself (main App.), my De Facto Partner, Daniel, my stepdaughter, Lauren, and my Daughter, Casey.

As a diesel mechanic I do not need a medical, BUT, Daniel wishes to continue her career in health care as she is currently a Health Care Assistant (or Assistant in Nursing in Aussie), Lauren is hoping to go into further education, and Casey is going to be enrolled in standard schooling!!!

My question is......Are we likely to come up against a request for medicals?

I have had a look around the forum, and it is really a mixed bag. Is there a general rule for who does and who doesn't require a medical when it comes to additionals on the application? Or is it a little bit of a lucky dip?

tyvm in advance.

Simon

Thank you for posting that, I did have a look at this previously, and thought I was happy in my understanding, but some posts on here seem to be a little contradictory to this, which is confusing me....

Evening all,

as some of you know, my visa application is underway, I am (hopefully) headed over on a 457 visa as I have been offered a job as a Diesel mechanic over in Toowoomba, QLD.

The application includes myself (main App.), my De Facto Partner, Daniel, my stepdaughter, Lauren, and my Daughter, Casey.

As a diesel mechanic I do not need a medical, BUT, Daniel wishes to continue her career in health care as she is currently a Health Care Assistant (or Assistant in Nursing in Aussie), Lauren is hoping to go into further education, and Casey is going to be enrolled in standard schooling!!!

My question is......Are we likely to come up against a request for medicals?

I have had a look around the forum, and it is really a mixed bag. Is there a general rule for who does and who doesn't require a medical when it comes to additionals on the application? Or is it a little bit of a lucky dip?

tyvm in advance.

Simon

The information you need is here:

[TABLE=width: 644]

[TR]

[TD]Country – Level of risk (Citizenship or 3 months stay in last 5 years) Highest risk applies

[/TD]

[TD]Stay of up to and including 3 months[/TD]

[TD]Stay of more than 3 months, up to and including 12 months[/TD]

[TD]Stay of more than 12 months[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Low Iceland, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, Sweden, (Australia)

[/TD]

[TD]§ no formal health examination unless special significance* applies[/TD]

[TD]§ no formal health examination unless special significance* applies § health insurance for your period of stay

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Medium Austria, Belgium, Canada, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States of America, Vatican City

[/TD]

[TD]You will be required to undergo: § a medical examination and

§ a chest x-ray

Note: If you are an applicant for a 457 visa, you will be required to undergo a chest x-ray only, unless your health is of special significance, or you are likely to enter a classroom situation for a stay of greater than 12 months in which case a medical examination will also be required.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]High Andorra, Bahrain, Czech Republic, Egypt, Fiji, Hungary, Iran, Japan, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritius, Oman, Palestinian Territories, Poland, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Seychelles, Slovakia, Spain, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates

[/TD]

[TD]§ no formal health examination required unless special significance* applies[/TD]

[TD]§ no formal health examination unless special significance* applies OR

§ if you are likely to enter a classroom situation for more than 3 months, in which case a medical examination and a chest x-ray will be required

[/TD]

§ a chest x-ray

Note: As per 457 note above, but note that entry to a classroom situation will require a chest x-ray and a medical examination for a stay of greater than 3 months

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Very high All countries not listed above including:

Algeria, Argentina, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Portugal, Russia, Serbia and Montenegro (formerly Federal Republic of Yugoslavia), Singapore, Sri Lanka, South Africa, Vietnam, Zimbabwe

[/TD]

[TD]§ no formal health examination required unless your health is considered to be of special significance* OR

§ if you are likely to enter a classroom situation for more than 4 weeks, in which case a medical examination and a chest x-ray will be required

[/TD]

[TD]§ you will be required to undergo a chest x-ray § a medical examination and a chest x-ray will be required if you are likely to enter a classroom situation for more than four weeks

§ any additional relevant special significance* requirements must be met

[/TD]

§ a chest x-ray

Note: As per 457 note above, unless likely to enter a classroom situation for more than 4 weeks, in which case you require a chest x-ray and a medical examination

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 4]* Your health may be of “special significance” and you may be required to undergo a chest x-ray and/or medical examination if: § you are likely to enter a hospital or health care area (including nursing homes) for any reason. In this case an x-ray is minimum requirement regardless of length of stay. Applicants intending to be involved in medical procedures, eg. doctors, dentists, nurses, should undergo HIV/HepB/HepC testing. Low and medium risk country inhabitants may make short visits to patients in Australia without x-ray screening.

§ you are likely to be engaged or enrolled in an Australian childcare centre (including preschools or creches) either as an employee or trainee. In this case an x-ray is minimum requirement regardless of length of stay

§ you are 70 years or older:

(a) onshore applicants are to be directed to HSA for a health assessment. Forms to be provided by HSA;

(b) offshore applicants are to present a medical pro-forma (available from the Australian visa office) to their own doctor, or panel doctor (as considered appropriate by the post) for completion;

§ you are a parent with a “queued” migration application. A medical and x-ray is required for stay greater than 6 months; or

§ there are any indications that you might not meet the health requirement regardless of length of stay.

Where there is a requirement for a chest x-ray this applies to persons/children aged 11 years and over.

For student visas – principal and secondary applicants are to undergo the same medical assessment unless special significance applies.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Well so much for all the info lol, My visa got approved today :em3600:, none of us needed a medical, and Dan had declared her intention to continue to train as a nurse on the application........

7 days from lodging to applicant approved woohoo......

Archived