Fish and Chips

MrsMoo

Looks worth a shot. Its so funny to see squid/prawns etc - its all a bit gourmet for England isn't it; where the height of sophistication is possibly a battered sausage and chips or maybe haddock instead of cod:biglaugh:

• 4 months later...
Guest Oliver John Williams

There a number of reasonable places in Canberra but if your looking for proper fish and chips then your going to have to go to Bateman's Bay Boatshed on the water a 2.5hr drive away.

In Canberra, if your looking for genuine British style then O'connor is your best place, I seem to remember that the owners a pom too.

If your looking for sit down then Deakin isn't too bad but a little pricey. I'm not sure you will ever match true northern fish 'n' chips.

There a number of reasonable places in Canberra but if your looking for proper fish and chips then your going to have to go to Bateman's Bay Boatshed on the water a 2.5hr drive away.

In Canberra, if your looking for genuine British style then O'connor is your best place, I seem to remember that the owners a pom too.

If your looking for sit down then Deakin isn't too bad but a little pricey. I'm not sure you will ever match true northern fish 'n' chips.

2.5 hrs to get to the Bay??

Guest Oliver John Williams
2.5 hrs to get to the Bay??

thats a very conservative estimate, google maps is 1hr 57mins, but it depends on weather, traffic, time of day, type of car, type of driver, whether there's been a landslide!

It can take me that long in my 1965 Morris Minor!

thats a very conservative estimate, google maps is 1hr 57mins, but it depends on weather, traffic, time of day, type of car, type of driver, whether there's been a landslide!

It can take me that long in my 1965 Morris Minor!

In my loony past we did it somewhat quicker, as close to 60 mins as makes no difference. I think I have used my nine lives many times over

• 2 weeks later...