Just to add....

KatieLemon

Does any other teenager feel like me?!

One min im all, yeah cant wait lets go, then im like omg i dont want to go im moving in with my gran

lol! these feelings are so annoying :arghh:

Like i said in my last post, id really like someone around my age (16) to tell me their experiences with moving to oz!

Thanks again x

Guest Guest16631

........I do think many people feel like this..........it's a big step..........hopefully a young person will be along to share their feelings with you............good luck to you with whichever journey you take........tink x

Guest AKA63029

Hi Katie.

Old fart here, but my 17 year old daughter is going out to OZ in January with us.

I will see if she will offer her opinion as she has highs and lows as well.

Cheers Tony.

Thanks guys! im suree ill enjoy when i go and it makes it easier having family over there i suppose, its just a big step, my lifes nothing special in England so im ready for an adventure haha! Another worry is im starting sixth form in september so im going to be making new friends and its like a new start, so i hope i dont change my mind about everything once i start sixth form!

Another old fart here, but I thought I would tell you my nieces story . . . . .

When my sister and hubby decided to move to Oz after a job came up for bro in law, (a 2 year contract) my niece had just turned 16 and finished her gcse's basically she flunked them big time and only got a place at college after some begging and only if she re took English and Maths alongside her other subjects. They moved in the Nov and she started school, year 11 the following Feb.

Here in Victoria most kids stay at school til 18, the last two years, 11 and 12 are VCE, sort of A levels and this is what you need to get into Uni.

So when they moved here my niece went back to school, instead of college, back into uniform, long socks and 'school' shoes BUT that is OK because all kids are in the same boat.

She was not a happy bunny at all, she came because she had to, she went to school because she had a goal of going to Uni, so she had to go to school. Her plan was to go back to UK as soon as she was 18 and go to Uni there, she was going to live with her Nan, she had it all worked out.

She ended up having a ball, she loved school, made friends, did really and got a place at Uni. She was also able to learn to drive straight away and was soon able to be more independent and drive herself around to the mall, to meet friends etc

7 years later, she is 23, loves it here, has a great circle of friends, fantastic social life and has still not gone back to the UK, last year she went to he USA for a holiday instead of going to UK, she does plan to go, someday but has other places she would rather go first.

Hope this is helpful, good luck with your move, it will be a gret adventure I am sure.

Oh and she is still in touch with some friends, (Facebook, e mail and phone calls) from school in UK, some have been over for a vist while on their gap years.

Karen :wubclub:

Hiya Karen! thanks so much for that reply! really interesting :) im glad your neice liked it and hopefully i will to! We arent going until spring/summer next year, so by then i would of completed my first year at sixth form doing a-levels, so what will happen about that when i get to Aus, is there an equivalent to a-levels do you know?

Thanks again,

Katie x