Advice about moving to oz please.

Jambob1990

Hi all me and my partner and our soon to be born baby want to move to Australia, mainly for the same reasons as everyone: better standard of living etc etc plus my partners mother is living in Brisbane and due to get perminant res in December I think. My main question is how do we get there I'm a Cnc wood machinist and my partner works for aldi so not really too skilled. Going on a student visa has been suggested to us but with that we would o my be able to work part time and have to find childcare and pay course fees I expect so I'm not sure how possible this would be for us. I'm 22 and my partner is 24. Any advice would be much appreciated and just say I'd we don't have a cat in hells chance :D

thanks in advance, Jamie.

Hi and welcome to PIO.

You could see if CNC is still on the skills list and if so if you qualify for the PR visa. Id maybe call Visa Bureau or Go Matilda for a point in the right direction, the rules changed recently and its all wayyyy to confsuing for me now,lol.

Also if you search for a member named Heywood Monkey and look at his threads ,im sure he posted not too long ago and knows where there is work just outside Brisbane for CNC machinists.

Good Luck with everything, Brisbane sure is a fab place to move too, even if a bit chilly at the moment,lol

Cal x

What level of qualification a\re you in CNC wood machining Jamie? Do you have formal quals? A decent period of experience?

The trade itself could get you over to Oz if you meet requirements! Have a look at this link...

http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/occupations/w/wood-machinist.htm

If you meet the requirements it's just a case of finding the right employer willing to sponsor you. For that you need to get on the jobsites, put a CV together and speak to some agents.

Could well be possible for you all to come out on a 457 or similar visa.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Simon.

That sounds great dansi. I have 5 years experience and an nvq in manufacturing if that counts for anything.

Excellent Jamie, Well now that you meet criteria, have a look at what Visa's are open to you (dependent on funding and time etc...), you could look on monster.com.au and around the forums for job postings. I feel the quickest way for you is to get employer sponsorship, but if you wanted to go permanent from the off it may suit you better.

Let us know how you get on. Good luck.

Simon

Thanks guys, it can't be as chilly as here in our great English summer :/ it's barely touched 20 upto now and not stopped raining :(0

Sssh don't tell anyone - buts its horrible, wet and cold in Brissy right now too,,lol... Its bearable though (just about) as i know i will be moaning its too hot in another 3 months! lol

Cal x

I assume thats what her mother did ie get the 457 as she transferred to the oz branch of the company she worked for over here and like I said before she's about to get permanent res now if she passed the geography test :) so that may well be the option for us. If I was to find a job for sponsorship would it be better to get a migration company to do the work or go it alone or is it simply too much work to do alone?

I assume thats what her mother did ie get the 457 as she transferred to the oz branch of the company she worked for over here and like I said before she's about to get permanent res now if she passed the geography test :) so that may well be the option for us. If I was to find a job for sponsorship would it be better to get a migration company to do the work or go it alone or is it simply too much work to do alone?

If you can afford a migration agent, I suppose it wont hurt to hire one. I've seen tons of recommendations from people on these boards on go matilda and migration bureau. A personal friend also used Paul Grey and she didn't have one complaint throughout the process. Bear in mind that an agent will cost you anything between £1,500-£4000, depending on the kind of work they are doing for you.

Going at it alone is not that bad either. I'm processing mine myself and the whole process has been a breeze for me especially as I have a forum like this to ask all my questions, compare notes and get support.

Whatever you decide to do, I wish you the best of luck in your decision and with your family. :biggrin:

Depends on the job and the company. The one I have been offered the job with appoint someone at their end to do all the work. They just requested the needed documents from us.

Packages vary, fron assisting with the 457 visa, to a full relocation package incl. flights accommodation, car etc.....

Archived