Rural Victoria

mutokwa

Contemplating signing for Rural Worforce agency. I am a nurse and conditions being offered seem perfect i.e full relocation,expenses and bonuses,retention allowance and continuous professional developemnt. I should apparently be prepared to work in rural,regional and Aboriginal communities. Should I be accepting it? Any one with knowledge on these areas please? What are your experiences?:mad: xx

Most rural areas of Victoria are ok. You have the wheat farms to the north and west of the State, miles and miles of grain. Then you have the mountain areas of the dividing range. Coastal areas like Portland Lakes Entrance. There is an aboriginal settlement near Lakes Entrance at Lake Tyers but that is the only one I Know. There are others I am sure.

Bendigo, Bairnsdale, Ballarat, Mildura, Wodonga, Wangaratta, Shepparton, Yarrawonga, Echuca Swan Hill

Also Robinvale is another area which has a lot of migrants etc.

Robinvale and Shepparton would not be my cup of tea.

Hope someone else can come along and assist you.

Yes I agree with Petals, most of Vic is ok. Certain areas of the Northern Territory might not be so good ( round Alice Springs, for example) If its adventure and a different lifestyle you are after then the outback towns could be really good. What about Broken Hill- lovley little place with a lot of character and I bet they are really short of medical staff? Maybe you could get a job with the Flying Doctor service- that would be absolutely fantastic.

Contemplating signing for Rural Worforce agency. I am a nurse and conditions being offered seem perfect i.e full relocation,expenses and bonuses,retention allowance and continuous professional developemnt. I should apparently be prepared to work in rural,regional and Aboriginal communities. Should I be accepting it? Any one with knowledge on these areas please? What are your experiences?:mad: xx

I grew up in a small country town called Kilmore (1 hour north of Melbourne).

If you have children and enjoy the outdoors, you'll love it.

Rent will be cheaper out of Melbourne, as will other things (slightly). The community feel is there in the smaller towns which is nice.

Good luck and enjoy.

Guest hopefully soon

Hi Mutokwa, congratulations, good for you. I don't know anything about where u are headed, but I would surely like to be there too. I am having a difficult time getting anything in Vic- I am a nurse as well. Hope it all goes well for you and yours- sounds fantastic.

• 2 months later...

if you go to work in the NT area i would advise against it they have completely different ways of doing things, in country Vic you shall meet some fantastic people but the pace of life is very slow. can be a good thing at time But can also be boring especially if you have kids, there are usualy reasons for the government providing full relocation,expenses and bonuses,retention allowance and continuous professional developemnt, thats because they are unable to fill those positions with locals or they cannot get people to move from the city to country life, it can be a different world in the rural way of life.

mutokwa;1935899938]Contemplating signing for Rural Worforce agency. I am a nurse and conditions being offered seem perfect i.e full relocation,expenses and bonuses,retention allowance and continuous professional developemnt. I should apparently be prepared to work in rural,regional and Aboriginal communities. Should I be accepting it? Any one with knowledge on these areas please? What are your experiences?:mad: xx

Archived