Entitlement to familiy tax credits and household assistance package for 457 visa holder?

n8111445

Hi all,

My partner, 9 week old baby and me are in Oz by virtue of my 457 visa. I have been working in Perth for about 11 months. My baby and partner have recently joined me out here recently and I was told I may be eligible to family recieve tax credits and the HAP as I am the only income earner.

Does anyone know if this is correct? I spoke with someone in medicare who was entirely unhelpful, she stated we would not be eligible but it was worth 'sticking a claim in'?? The humanservices.gov.au website isn't much better either.

If anyone has any knowledge of this I'd greatly appreciate their comments

Thanks

Hi all,

My partner, 9 week old baby and me are in Oz by virtue of my 457 visa. I have been working in Perth for about 11 months. My baby and partner have recently joined me out here recently and I was told I may be eligible to family recieve tax credits and the HAP as I am the only income earner.

Does anyone know if this is correct? I spoke with someone in medicare who was entirely unhelpful, she stated we would not be eligible but it was worth 'sticking a claim in'?? The humanservices.gov.au website isn't much better either.

If anyone has any knowledge of this I'd greatly appreciate their comments

Thanks

You are not entitled and it really isn't worth "sticking a claim in".

Yep, 457 are not entitled as your temporary. we only got tax benefits for the childen when we became PR...

To qualify for Family Tax Benefit Part A and Part B, you must be an Australian resident.

To be an Australian resident you must be living in Australia permanently and be:

• an Australian citizen
  • the holder of a permanent-resident visa
  • the holder of one of certain kinds of temporary visa - for example, a partner-provisional visa - or
  • the holder of a special-category visa - that is, someone with a New Zealand passport living in Australia.

http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/enablers/centrelink/family-tax-benefit-part-a-part-b/residence-requirements

Archived