Asthma Inhalers & Medication

richselina

Hi,

I think I read somewhere that you can buy asthma inhalers over the counter, but just wanted to confirm this. If you can, would appreciate knowing the cost. Also, is there a limit on medication that can be brought into Australia when moving - I'm thinking inhalers, excema cream, anadin etc. - Thanks so much. Dave.

Guest lisa crowe
Hi,

I think I read somewhere that you can buy asthma inhalers over the counter, but just wanted to confirm this. If you can, would appreciate knowing the cost. Also, is there a limit on medication that can be brought into Australia when moving - I'm thinking inhalers, excema cream, anadin etc. - Thanks so much. Dave.

Hi, I also have asthma, and used Ventolin & the brown one for prevention (forget the name now), I bought some over with me no trouble, as long as on the card they give you to fill in on the plane you say you have them on your person (as their a steroid) your'll be ok...As for over the counter no, or not in NSW, you have to see a doctor for a prescription, thankfully my appointment was free with the doctor I went to, just showed my medicare card, I received a repeat x 2, and the pharmacy asked me if I wanted the cheaper alternatives to the inhalers I was using (well do'h, as long as they do the job), I got 2 x Asmol ( Ventolin) @ $11.40 each and 1 x Qvar @ $27.99, these should see me through a month at a guess...Worth paying if you want to stay alive I say :biggrin:

Archived