Chest xray- female's insight please

k8bug79

Hi,

This is a bit sensitive for a public forum, so bear with me and sorry if I have to divulge a little too much information. We will be doing our medicals in a couple of months, now in myself I am, I hope, quite healthy, and can't foresee any major issues. However I am concerned about the chest x-ray. I have recently been told I have a cyclical breast cyst, the gp isn't concerned and hasn't even sent me for further tests because it gets very large and then disappears each cycle. The problem I am concerned about is that it will show on a chest x-ray and I'll be sent for further tests. It starts to get large at the time I ovulate and gets very large very quickly (between the size of a golf ball and tennis ball!!) Now obviously I know not to book my medical at the time of my period, but I am concerned that by ensuring I avoid this I will end up with costly extra tests.

I am going to go to the doc again soon as it's getting very uncomfortable now, but I am wondering how forceful to be with the GP to get it drained and hopefully gone for the medical. The only reason I am against this is it is likely to come back so no really point for the long run :-(

there is a thread on here called Medical. Is there a drug test?

and one of the people who posted is a Dr maybe they could answer this? x

Hello

That'll be me.

A breast cyst is highly unlikely to show up on a chest X ray.

Jon

Hello

That'll be me.

A breast cyst is highly unlikely to show up on a chest X ray.

Jon

Thank you :-) Is it worth taking a letter then or would I just be making problems for myself unecessarily

Maybe take a copy of your last letter from breast clinic.

I haven't been to the breast clinic. But when I go back to docs I may insist on it due to the amount of discomfort. Either way I may take a letter. Whilst TB is on the topic. I have had pneumonia twice (asthmatic :-( ) and I am worried about scarring on my lungs. Am I worrying unecessarily? I know that the first time I had it there was no scarring because they did a chest x ray after it had cleared. But the 2nd time was much more severe and I was almost hospitalised. I am starting to think a quick letter from the gp re cyst, asthma and pneumonia may be worth while???

I'll revise my initial statement about being relatively healthy lol

Archived