commuting to Freemantle

livethedream

Hi all, i have been offered a job in Freemantle to start around December time. I am basically looking at areas to live with good schools. So far i have researched Darch and Baldivis as we couldn't afford to live in Freemantle. Could anyone give me an idea of what commute times would be, either by car or train to Freemantle from these areas, or suggest other good family suburbs that are commutable.

Thanks

Suzanne

Hi Suzanne. congrats. We recently moved to Baldivis have two kids 7yrs 4yrs and 2yrs. Hubby works in Bibra lake (south fremantle area) We are right on the exit for the Kwinana freeway which is the main route to Fremantle. And it takes 30mins by car its not a bad drive at all. And Baldivis is lovely is a growing community whoch is good and the school is good and there is a new high school going up too. Hope this helps. email me if you would like any other info would be glad to help. thornhilla@hotmail.com

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your replies. I will take you up on that offer Thornhilla. Just getting my paperwork sorted this end and then will start on my location research, but from what i have researched so far, Baldivis looks like it would suit us. I will email in a few weeks once i'm more sorted this end. The commute times look okay too!

regards

Suzanne

Our family live in Ferndale which was a nice area and they have children in schools nearby one of them goes to a catholic school. It is about 30minutes by car to Freemantle, or there is a train station at Cannington which has a good size Westfield shopping centre. The other family in Perth live on the north side of Perth so I think that would be a bit of a commute. We also got on a train from Bull Creek and I think a bus once to Fermantle from there which seemed an ok.

Archived