Education in WA

funkft

Hello,

We are looking to move to Perth in the next 12 months or so

My son is 3 and i'm keen to know more about the education system over there

Any advice/info would be appreciated

Thank you

It all depends when his birthday is. If he is 4 before June 30th 2013 he will start kindy in Feb 2013. Starting this year they are getting extra hours so it is 2 days one week 3 days the next. The hours are from around 8:45 - 2:45. The schools all have kindys attached but you usually have to be in catchment to get a spot. There is also Community Kindys which are the same but just off site and are not as tied in to the school restrants. The closing date for applications for the kindy at my sons school was yesterday but they will take applications later if they have the space. The community kindys are usually a little easier to get into mid term.

Hope that helps

We aren't from the UK and my son is only in preprimary so I don't really know a whole lot about the differences. They teach the kids from the start how to problem solve and develop their confidence with News Days which are like show and tell. He is learning lots and they have had lots of Incursion days eg the Police bringing in their cars and trucks or a group of local elderly people who told them about growing up when they were young.

Archived