Does anyone know whether an Australian Fork Lift Truck Licence is valid in the UK?

Hayley723

Hi Everyone,

My hubby has gained his Fork Lift truck licence whilst being in Australia which is one of the many certificates he paid for where he was promised a job & it didnt materialise! Its the counterbalance fork lift which apparently in the UK is the most popular type. I was wondering whether anyone knows whether this would be valid in the UK? I have tried to find the answer on google but nothing seems to come up. In the UK before we left we noticed that there does seem to be work around for fork lift truck drivers & a few of my hubbys mates do earn a decent living doing it. As we have to rebuild our lives again anything like this would be great to get him back on the uk working ladder.

Guest guest17301

Well my hubbys various fork licenses were not recognised here so he had to get his aussie ticket...presume its the same the other way round? I would email some UK agencies and ask...good luck

Well my hubbys various fork licenses were not recognised here so he had to get his aussie ticket...presume its the same the other way round? I would email some UK agencies and ask...good luck

Hi Fiona I did think that too but I have qualified as a personal trainer over here & it is reconised in the uk but if you qualify in the uk then come here you have to do it all again so now im not so sure...

Hi Everyone,

My hubby has gained his Fork Lift truck licence whilst being in Australia which is one of the many certificates he paid for where he was promised a job & it didnt materialise! Its the counterbalance fork lift which apparently in the UK is the most popular type. I was wondering whether anyone knows whether this would be valid in the UK? I have tried to find the answer on google but nothing seems to come up. In the UK before we left we noticed that there does seem to be work around for fork lift truck drivers & a few of my hubbys mates do earn a decent living doing it. As we have to rebuild our lives again anything like this would be great to get him back on the uk working ladder.

Hi, sorry for being nosy but i thought there was plenty of work in Perth and when you look on seek there are numerous jobs for forklift truck operators or is this not the case? I am hoping to move out next year and this post worries me.

Thanks legoman I really appreciate u asking 4 me.

Dean74 yes there is loads of jobs on seek but from our experience is that getting them is a different story! My hubby applied 4 around 6 jobs a day & only had a couple call him back the pay is around $23-$25 per hour which sounds a lot but in Perth this doesn't go very far 4 the main earner our rent is $400 per week & our grocery shop is $230-$250 per week for 4 of us & that's not eating extravagant at all!

Hi, sorry for being nosy but i thought there was plenty of work in Perth and when you look on seek there are numerous jobs for forklift truck operators or is this not the case? I am hoping to move out next year and this post worries me.

You're right, you look on Seek and see plenty of jobs out there.......what you don't see is the 500 people trying to get the one job.

Guest ckelly10

Normally the British are a little more relaxed when it comes to qualifications. If it is recognised I am guessing he might have to take a little forklift test about health and safety procedures etc and demonstrate his his forklift abilities by showing he can operate one appropriately and safety.

Unfortunately that seems to be the case at the moment - plenty of jobs being advertised but 100s of people going for them. I am sorry to hear it has not quite worked out in Australia as planned.

Guest ckelly10

That’s it, at least you gave it a go and have experienced life on the other side of the world. There’s nothing worse than thinking 'what if'. I wish you and your Husband all the best for the future :)

Archived